Principal Cloud Network Engineer (firewall, secruity)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
Roles and responsibilities-
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support across existing and emerging cloud
- Design highly available and resilient cloud infrastructure using proven frameworks and
- Manage next-gen firewalls and WAF (Azure, ADC and F5).
- Designs and configures Azure Network Infrastructure (load balancers, VPN tunnels,
- ExpressRoute, firewalls, et al.)
- Performs gap analysis and suggests solutions to drive network infrastructure operations
- Defines standards and practices for building secure and reliable network components on
- a public cloud platform.
- Serves as a trusted technical advisor to Altera customers solving complex Azure
- infrastructure and networking challenges.
- Provides escalation-level support for network security issues, as well as partner
- interconnects troubleshooting.
- Performs maintenance, upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing,
- testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements on Web Application Firewall and Azure
- network components.
- Implement and oversee infrastructure automation and configuration management (Azure
- Automation, Powershell, Terraform).
- Identifies the needs and performs a gap analysis to drive infrastructure operations
- Educates and mentors product teams and junior engineers in the team.
- Documents process, platforms, and workflow details, including high- and low-level
- designs of technical requirements
- Provides escalation-level support.
- Works in tandem with a team of architects and engineers to create Azure reference
- Design and implement innovative cloud solutions with a strong focus on automation.
- Evaluate new cloud-related technologies and perform proof of concepts.
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor IaaS and PaaS in Azure cloud.
- Perform operational engineering, platform upgrades, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide off-hours on-call support.
- Engage in research and development towards innovative technical solutions that will
- provide business benefit
- Perform routine infrastructure analysis and evaluation on resource requirements
- necessary to maintain and expand service levels
- Responsible for delivering superior value and client service.
- Subject matter expert leveraging network monitoring with the ability to proactively
- address issues and make recommendations.
What we are looking for-
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science,
- Information and Technology and Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/computer field.
- Current Microsoft Azure certifications preferred Minimum Of 10 to 15 Years of Related
- Professional Experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as
- private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms.
- 3+ years of cloud services architecture experience in engineering technical solutions for
- Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure; specific, hands-on
- experience with Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking), Azure Services, Azure
- AD, Azure Automation, Azure CLI, and PowerShell scripting required.
- Automation with Terraform, Ansible preferred Systems Administration with Windows Server -
- 2012, 2016, 2019 Microsoft Active Directory Experience in scalable networking design, including
- high availability, redundancy, failover, and load balancing.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure networking and any industry standard WAF Must possess
- demonstrated excellence in common Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP,
- DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to L3/L2 deployment, L7 firewalls, and TCP
- Demonstrated familiarity with one or more of the following: Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow, traffic, and packet
- Demonstrated familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort,
- ngrep, nmap, et. al).
- Familiarity with Security Event Incident Management, Log Correlation, and Network Behavior
- Anomaly Detection.
- Deeply knowledgeable and Strong hands-on experience with at least one enterprise network
- security platform (Palo Alto Networks, F5, ASA, Check Point, et al.)
- Strong communicator able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and
- written, to a wide range of end-users, including a non-technical audience
Altera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at:
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Active Directory Ansible Automation Azure Cloud Computer Science DNS Firewalls IaaS IDS Intrusion detection IPS Log analysis Malware Monitoring Network security Nmap PaaS PowerShell Privacy SaaS Scripting Security analysis Snort TCP/IP Terraform VPN Windows
Perks/benefits: Health care
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs