Manager, Application Security, Games, Media and Entertainment Security
London, England, GBR
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Key job responsibilities
As a successful Manager, Application Security within Games, Media and Entertainment Security, you will be seen as a leader and play a key role in ensuring security is built into our applications and services and partnering with development teams to maintain a high security bar. You will collaborate with security champions within our engineering teams to drive the implementation and validation of security controls prior to production launch. You will:
- Support application security reviews that include threat modeling, code review, and security testing.
- Provide durable, technical security guidance to security engineers to mitigate identified risks.
- Review existing processes and suggest improvements for increased security and efficiency.
- Independently solve security problems that require novel methods or approaches
- Build Security metrics to track the effectiveness of our security excellence programs and to influence your team's and partner's process, priorities and choices to improve outcomes
- Assistance with recruiting activities and
A day in the life
As a successful Manager, Application Security within Games, Media and Entertainment Security, you will be seen as a strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and compellingly understands how to drive a high level of operational and strategic excellence within a team, while collaborating with a variety of internal and external business partners. You must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short- versus long-term security and business goals. A successful candidate must be one that can handle several difficult challenges and problems, can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts rather than older static based security paradigms, though being aware of the older best practices.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing & developing high performance teams
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a software security team or similar operating environment
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Preferred Qualifications- Experience making decisions on behalf of and in support of highly technical project teams.
- Experience managing towards metrics that measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- Excellent executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs