United States - Remote
Sigma Defense is seeking a DevSecOps/Kubernetes SME to design, build, and run elastic, cost-effective, resilient, robust, and secure architectures in the cloud using modern approaches like service-mesh and loosely coupled design.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Sigma Defense Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At least three years of demonstrated experience in:
- Agile Teams
- Expert-level knowledge of Kubernetes, Istio, and Helm
- GitOps and Continuous Deployment in hybrid environments
- Custom Kubernetes Operators and Helm charts
- Custom Admission Controller
- Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs) and Custom Controllers
- Packaging and securing applications as containers and working in Kubernetes
- Security and compliance experience for Kubernetes
At least three years of experience providing technical guidance to other engineers and Platform One automation/build tool.
Privileged User Certification: DoD 8570.01-M, IASAE Level II
Domain and expert technical knowledge.
Position will require ability to travel within the United States 5 -10% of the time.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manages different Kubernetes providers (Amazon EKS and Fargate, Azure KS and Google KE).
- Designs and implements Network connectivity, Provisioning Strategy Assess and Design RBAC needs to Ensure Cloud foundation is strong and with needed compliance requirements.
- Maintains, configures, and monitors containers using Infrastructure as Code principles in Development, Test, and Live environments.
- Designs containerized solutions for relational/non-relational databases, data auditing, caching, and performance.
- Works with other Architects on Security, Data protection, and Failover Failback strategies.
- Implements Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment using different CI/CD tools by container registries.
- Experience in Technical Customer Service, Customer Management, and experience in escalations may be required.
- Monitor and manage Kubernetes Clusters. Design and implement zero-downtown to accomplish highly available service.
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between Datacenter. Work on CI/CD.
- Troubleshoot production issues, including performance and function issues.
- Contribute to capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottleneck and scaling the environment.
- Provide technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objective.
- Create and maintain documentation for implementations.
Personnel Clearance Level:
- Candidate must possess or have the ability to obtain an active, DoD-issued Secret security clearance.
- A clearance will be sponsored for the right candidate.
Salary Range: $155,000 - $190,000 annually.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs