Sr Security Incident Response Engineer
EverbridgeKeep people safe and organizations running with Everbridge. Empower Resilience. Anticipate, mitigate, respond to, and recover from critical events.
What you'll do
- Operational Duties: Lead technical development of security event monitoring and alerting, lead threat intelligence activities, provide technical leadership of incident response, lead forensic analysis, provide monitoring of intrusion detection systems, anti-virus solutions, vulnerability assessment tools, as well as log correlation tools to identify actionable threats or remediation. Communicate and coordinate with all internal IS and operations teams as well as any service providers on various attack scenarios including viruses, worms, stolen credentials, DDoS attacks, etc. Conduct investigations while communicating and coordinating remediation efforts. Stays well-informed and current on product updates, the threat landscape, and vulnerabilities relating to technology.
- ·Business Support: Participate in business and technology initiatives as an senior information security technical leader. Assist in defining security related processes and procedures for the department as well as the company that can be employed on a global basis. Participates in internal and third-party audits of the company’s information security policies, procedures, as well as operational duties while supporting any remediation efforts that may be identified as a result of an audit.
- · Projects: Provide technical leadership of strategic security projects. Evaluate the effectiveness of cyber intelligence services globally as well as any related systems and processes. Stay well-informed and current on the latest information security technologies, methodologies, and events. Lead implementation and enhancement of security monitoring systems and processes as well as security incident investigation and analysis tools. Liaisons with external vendors and service providers.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field
- Must have 5+ years of direct information security experience in a global IT environment.
- Security certification, such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified | Ethical Hacker (C|EH) a plus
- Strong experience in an internal security operations center (SOC).
- Demonstrated ability to lead security incident response teams.
- Experience as lead investigator of security incidents.
- Strong experience with forensic analysis and forensic evidence handling
- Experience implementing and monitoring thread intelligence systems
- Detailed functional knowledge of network technologies including network security focused technologies such as next generation firewalls and web application firewalls in a global IT environment.
- Working knowledge of server technologies including administration, virtualization and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux/Unix operating systems
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms, including AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience analyzing network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Experience configuring and using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to effectively monitor security events.
- Experience performing event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
- Experience providing timely detection, identification, and alerts of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities, and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
- Demonstrated ability to analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, and effects on system and information.
- Experience with tools such as Sumo Logic, Sophos and Office 365 email security are a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint. Microsoft Project, Access, SQL, PowerShell, or scripting experience is a plus.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Active Directory Audits Automation AWS Azure C CISSP Cloud Computer Science DDoS Firewalls GCIH GCP GIAC Incident response Intrusion detection Linux Monitoring Network security PowerShell Scripting SharePoint SIEM SOC SQL Threat intelligence UNIX Vulnerabilities Windows
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs