Manager - Incident Response
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Cybersecurity Incident Response Manager to join our dynamic team at Freshworks. As a Cybersecurity Incident Response Manager, you will play a crucial role in identifying, containing, and mitigating cyber threats and incidents to ensure the security and integrity of our organization's systems and data. You will be responsible for leading a team of incident response analysts, coordinating incident response activities, and implementing strategies to improve incident detection and response capabilities.
- Lead the incident response team, ensuring that all team members are trained, equipped,and prepared to handle any potential security incidents.
- Develop, implement, and maintain/improve incident response plans and playbooks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, legal, HR, Product and IT teams.
- Respond to security incidents and conduct investigations, including documenting
- findings, analyzing root causes, and recommending corrective actions.
- Coordinate with external parties, including but not limited to law enforcement, vendors, and partners, as necessary during incident response.
- Conduct post-incident reviews and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends, tools, and techniques in incident response and security operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field.
- 9+ years of experience in technology with proven experience (5+ years) in cybersecurity incident response, preferably in a lead or managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of incident response frameworks, methodologies, and best practices,such as NIST Incident Response or SANS Incident Handler.
- Experience in conducting investigations, analyzing root causes, and recommending corrective actions.
- Experience developing and maintaining incident response plans and playbooks.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of current cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, and trends, as well as the ability to anticipate and proactively respond to emerging threats.
- Hands-on experience with incident response tools and technologies, such as SIEM, EDR, threat intelligence platforms, and forensic investigation tools.
- Relevant certifications such as GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) are highly desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 45K - 84K * USD 45K+ *
Threat Intelligence LeaderArtificial Intelligence Cloud Encryption Incident response Machine Learning Monitoring +4
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Pet friendly +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs