OSINT Technical Writer (Mid)
Reston, Virginia, United States
WWC GlobalWWC Global is a federally-focused, woman-owned management serving the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State, and USAID, U.S. Agency for International Development.
WWC Global is seeking a OSINT Technical Writer (Mid) to support the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Integration Center (OSIC) at Reston, VA. This position will provide functional and organizational support of the Client’s relevant lines of effort at the Agency and Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE) levels.
The ideal candidate will be able to support the Client's Policy & Engagement division by writing Open-Source policy and governance documentation, assisting in the development of training and impending project management processes and methodologies within the daily functionalities of this role. The OSINT Technical Analyst should expect to have daily direct interactions with senior government officials, and must accordingly, be agile in their operational tempo and planning based on changing priorities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge and technical understanding of Client’s tool portfolio, briefing capabilities to customers across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE).
- Create and implement program management business processes, metrics and senior level briefs with excellent communication skills.
- Customer engagement and stakeholder requirement documentation.
- Working within the Open Source environment, managing attribution and DIE mission sets.
- Coordinate with other DoD and government agency offices to draft, revise, and de-conflict policies with existing guidelines.
- Attend, support, and often lead meetings on behalf of the Client office.
- Contribute to ongoing and ad hoc activities of the Defense Open Source Council (DOSC), its Subcommittees, Working Groups, and Tiger Teams, leading efforts as required.
- Conduct account management and oversight.
- Understand Training and Tradecraft Policy, implementation and dissemination.
- The role of this position requires duties to be performed at the government location.
- Draft and edit Open-Source policy and develop Open-Source governance documentation.
- Collaborate with entities across the Intelligence Community.
- Lead projects with minimal guidance while utilizing Project Management practices and methodologies.
- Use knowledge to provide input for the improvement of processes.
- Write polished, structured documentation with minimal guidance.
- Edit documentation and provide input for finalization.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 0-10% / Occasional travel.
WWC Global, a Pequot Company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Native Americans and spouses in all phases of employment.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current, active TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Ability to work on-site at government location (Reston, VA).
- Background in Journalism.
- Prior experience as a technical writer.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to independently develop and present briefing materials as well as proof read and edit documentation.
- Strong knowledge in Open Source Intelligence.
- Ability to develop and execute sophisticated survey models.
- Ability to source, aggregate, normalize, analyze, and visualize data, and to present findings clearly and cohesively in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to spearhead efforts to develop policy and process documentation.
- Ability to collaborate and liaise effectively at all levels of an organization, from entry-level to senior leaders.
- Experience attending inter-agency working groups, subcommittees, or similar functional bodies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Master's Degree.
- Current, active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.
- Graphic Design experience.
- Previous experience as an Open Source Collector.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs