Senior Compliance Officer
Atlanta - Glenridge
Marsh McLennanMarsh McLennan is the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy and people. We bring together experts from across our four global businesses — Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer and Oliver Wyman — to help make organizations more...
Marsh McLennan’s Legal, Compliance and Public Affairs (LCPA) department promotes a culture in which ethical, lawful, and risk mindful behavior is encouraged and reinforced. LCPA develops and implements policies and procedures, systems and controls, training and communications, monitoring activities, and management reporting to prevent, detect and respond to violations of law and company policies.
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join our team and be based in one of our key offices, which include: New York, NY; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL, Austin, TX, with other US locations considered.
This position is a generalist role, encompassing a wide range of compliance activities across our Marsh and Mercer businesses. The ideal candidate for this role is highly knowledgeable in legal matters, regulations, and risk and compliance practices.
What can you expect?
- Monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Provide guidance and direction to colleagues on day-to-day compliance and ethics issues and partner with the business to help drive risk and compliance initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring and assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Assist in leading organizational risk committee activities and provide reporting on a regular basis.
- Investigate and report any compliance violations or irregularities.
- Assist in the preparation of compliance reports and documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Participate in compliance training and education initiatives for employees.
- Collaborate with external legal counsel and regulatory bodies as necessary.
- Support the development and implementation of a compliance culture within the organization.
What is in it for you?
- A firm that is a global leader in delivering innovative solutions that address the needs of our clients and their employees, helping millions of people achieve a healthier future and helping organizations build a more secure business.
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match.
- Access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance.
- A culture of internal mobility and collaboration.
- We are excited to offer the following benefits to all our colleagues: - Health and welfare benefits - Tuition assistance - 401K and other retirement savings programs - Employee assistance programs physical, mental, and financial.
- Many other voluntary benefits and consumer discounts on products and services, as well as other programs designed to ensure your financial, physical, and emotional well-being.
We will count on you to:
- Work with other experts to develop market-differentiating, in-depth analyses of, and insightful, practical implications relating to, key developments and topics in the legal/regulatory space.
- Work successfully with experts and non-experts to help identify and address complex legal and compliance issues.
- Proactively stay current on key federal and state legislative and regulatory developments.
- Work quickly and effectively under tight deadlines.
What you need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Legal Consultant, or a related position. Juris Doctor degree a plus.
What makes you stand out?
- Solid familiarity with or the ability to learn the requirements impacting our business including state insurance laws and regulations, privacy & cybersecurity regulations, and federal contracting rules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technically complex developments, issues, and analyses in easy-to-understand and actionable ways.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize a varied workload in a fast-paced, unpredictable, and demanding environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills, expand knowledge of subject areas, and adapt to technological and business changes.
- Experience working with corporate clients of all sizes.
- Public speaking and exceptional oral presentation and written skills.
- A commitment to doing great work at a high level of engagement, detail, and thoughtfulness.
- A passion for continuously learning and improving, effectively analyzing and communicating developments and insights, and regularly exceeding expectations.
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 85,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue of over $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data-driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and well being for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit marshmclennan.com, or follow us on LinkedIn and X.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, veteran status (including protected veterans), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting TANA@mmc.com.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person.The applicable base salary range for this role is $112,200 to $224,300.The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and any applicable minimum wage requirements. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs