Senior Platform Security Engineer
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm values information security as a critical part of the company’s continued success. Our mission is to make information security programmatic and cultural in Affirm, enabling the company to succeed in building honest financial products. The Security team posture increases security and reduces risk while securely enabling access to information for those who need it!
The ideal employee will have extensive experience developing tooling and infrastructure used for securing technical resources as part of a larger team. The candidate will quickly come up to speed with current systems and processes, identify and develop improvements, and implement solutions used by experienced software and infrastructure engineers across the organization.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement processes to ensure systems are regularly patched and hardened.
- Configure and implement cloud security services, including identity and access management, detective controls, infrastructure protection, and data protection.
- Specify, standardize, configure, and validate access controls across a wide range of cloud services.
- Integrate security tooling into existing infrastructure. Develop security software configurations and improve tool functionality over time.
- Implement security controls across Affirm’s data infrastructure, including S3, DynamoDB, RDS, and Snowflake.
- Build cloud infrastructure as code.
- Decompose large, cross-team projects into individual tasks. Manage scope across teams and drive toward project closure.
What we look for
- Hands-on experience deploying infrastructure within a Kubernetes environment.
- Extensive experience applying RBAC using IAM across a variety of users and services.
- Experience developing and deploying cloud services using Terraform.
- Understanding of methods and systems used for auditing usage and access to AWS cloud services.
- Experience administering database services and corresponding access using role-based access controls.
- Experience managing security tooling, including Rapid7 InsightVM, Auditbeat, Crowdstrike Falcon EDR, AWS System Manager Agent, or similar.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).#LI-Remote Check out our remote-first approach to learn more about the new ways we work. If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs