Security Engineer - Remote
Remote - US
Altera, a new member of the N. Harris Computer Corporation family, delivers health IT solutions that support caregivers around the world. These include the Sunrise™, Paragon®, Altera TouchWorks®, Altera Opal, STAR™, HealthQuest™ and dbMotion™ solutions. At the intersection of technology and the human experience, Altera Digital Health is driving a new era of healthcare, in which innovation and expertise can elevate care delivery and inspire healthier communities across the globe. A new age in healthcare technology has just begun.
The Security Engineer's primary role is responsible for managing and responding to advanced security technology, including SIEM tools, network packet monitoring systems, intrusion detection systems, and database activity monitoring systems in complex environments.
This is a remote role in the US.
- Participate in the development of security policies and procedures, run books, and training materials for junior security engineers and security analyst.
- Accountable for the implementation of complex security systems including the integration of those systems into myriad operational products, hosting environments.
- Responsible for operations of threat detection and prevention tools, adjusting configurations to respond to a changing threat environment.
- Respond to alerts by tunning security systems in response to security attacks and alerts.
- Investigates security issues and breaches with other teams and drives recovery efforts to restore functionality.
- Represents security's interests in a broad range of business and IT projects and initiatives and works to ensure efficient collaboration and cooperation with other stakeholders. Works with stakeholders across the company to ensure they remain informed and engaged with security.
- Develops and carries out information security plans and policies, develops strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach, and implements mechanisms to reduce security threats.
- Works with governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent/years of experience required.
- CISSP preferred
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- 2-4 years experience tuning network devices - Palo Alto or Azure Firewall preferred
- 2+ year cloud computing, Azure preferred
- 2+ years operating and tuning SIEM tool
- 1+ year in a comparable security role
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Work is performed in a remote environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Our company complies with all local/state regulations in regard to displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed below and are specifically for those potential hires who will perform work in or reside in the location(s) listed, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD, technology), for example.
Altera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at:
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs