Cyber Security Engineer
WPPWPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, clients and communities.
WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology.
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 317 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and 8th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on Boards.
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
As we progress on this journey, we need to evolve how we protect our customers, employees, and shareholders for today and the future. You will play a critical role in developing and implementing a world class information security programme to protect WPP Group from cyber threats. This is an essential role, supporting WPP IT to deliver its purpose to design, build, run and transform all current and future IT services which underpin the One WPP strategy.
The Cyber Security Engineer primary purpose will be to:
- Support the maintenance and development of key security technologies that provide protective, detective, and analytical capabilities across WPP’s technology estate.
- Provide Information security technical SME expertise to ensure successful delivery of information security project workstreams into the BAU Cyber Security Operations function.
What you'll be doing:
- Evaluate, select, maintain, and develop key security technologies within the WPP estate to ensure that the wider Cyber Security teams have optimised, accurate access to the required toolsets and information.
- Work in collaboration with IT, Cyber Security and WPP teams (such as Risk & Compliance & CSO) to design and deliver aligned technical solutions,
- Ensure accurate, pragmatic, and timely technical Cyber Security advice & guidance is provided.
- Develop and deliver Cyber Security artefacts including technical documentation, process\procedures, requirements, patterns, and standards. Support and contribute to the delivery of a wider ISMS.
- Under the direction of the Senior Security Engineer, support key security technologies within the WPP estate to ensure that the Cyber Security Operations team have optimized, accurate access to the required toolsets and information.
- Work closely with Senior Security Engineers, Security Architects, and technology operations teams to help ensure the correct operation, and optimal configuration of the security technologies ensuring their correct function.
- Working within a team to enable appropriate levels of protection and logging from new and existing security technologies, maximizing their value to the Cyber Security Operations team.
- Develop and present appropriate KPI, KRI and other requisite reporting to the Cyber Security Systems Engineering lead and act as an SME for projects and initiatives relevant to the role.
- As part of a team, liaise closely with WPP technology teams to ensure the correct placement, maintenance, and support of security technologies relevant to the role. Build professional relationships to ensure cooperation between stakeholders and Cyber Security Operations.
- Manage third party suppliers to ensure that delivery, maintenance, and support of security technologies is provided effectively and within project timescales and service level agreements.
What you'll need:
Qualification Requirements (Desirable)
- Cyber Security certifications (i.e. CISA, CISSP, CISM) desirable but not essential.
- Degree or equivalent (i.e. MBA) desirable but not essential.
- Relevant technical certifications.
Skills / Experience Requirements
- Strong hands-on technical background in cyber / information security.
- Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems, security data, information, and intelligence.
- Stakeholder management.
- Able to take a pragmatic approach to Cyber Security by understanding and clearly articulating the risks.
- Experience of performing risk identification activities.
- Experience of providing Security Engineer expertise to Enterprise-wide Cyber Security Change programmes.
- 2 years plus in a similar role within a large, complex, and technologically diverse organisation.
- Experience of deploying, maintaining, and configuring a wide range of security technologies with a large and complex environment
- Must have in depth technical knowledge of security technologies including but not limited to:
- Cloud technologies including Azure, GCP and O365.
- Cloud Security Tooling.
- Infrastructure as code technologies, including Terraform.
- Security Event Monitoring solutions.
- SOAR solutions.
- Development Tooling (Git/GitHub/Terraform Enterprise/Azure DevOps/APIs).
- Agile Framework and use of tools such as Jira.
- Email Technologies (SPF/DMARC/DKIM).
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs