Information Assurance / Cybersecurity Specialist II
- Identify security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications, and new technology initiatives.
- Develop, test, and operate firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems, and software deployment tools.
- Test and debug programs and scripts and prepare instructions for network exploitation activities.
- Apply knowledge of current IA policy, tactics, techniques, policy, doctrine, and relationship to IA reporting requirements and structure.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of requirements.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- 2 years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)/Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), preferably of a Software Application.
- 2 years of experience executing static application security testing (SAST), analyzing test results, and developing remediation and mitigation recommendations.
- 2 years of experience performing risk and vulnerability assessments for Risk Management Framework (RMF) per USMC Enterprise Cybersecurity Manual (ECSM) 018.
- 5 years of experience implementing cybersecurity in accordance with DoDI 8500.01, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and cybersecurity solutions.
- 3 years of experience working in a matrix product team environment.
- 3 years of experience developing, managing, and reporting on a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- At least one or more of the following baseline cybersecurity certifications: CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP are required.
- At least one or more commercial operating environment certifications: Microsoft Server, Windows Desktop, Linux, Red Hat, Azure, AWS, Cisco are required.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: ACAS Application security Audits Automation AWS Azure Code analysis Compliance Firewalls GICSP GSEC Intrusion detection ISSE Linux Network security Red Hat Risk management SAST SCAP SSCP Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs