Senior Consultant, Cyber Security Architecture
Manchester, United Kingdom
6point6 architecture practice is a fast-growing community of industry experts.
The practice covers all aspects of architecture for large-scale technology estates, providing architecture and solution for complex transformation, cloud migration, technology consolidation and modernisation, M&A and enterprise architecture definition and management.
We deliver advisory, technology vision, technology roadmaps, technology due diligence, enterprise architecture and architecture governance using our framework and processes.
You will have a Cyber Security / Architecture background, will perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing to contribute to 6point6 internal Digital Transformation strategy and expertise.
Due to the nature of the client engagements, every employee needs to be able to achieve Security Clearance. This means that you need to have the right to take up employment within the UK, do not have or require any visa to work, and have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years without any gap(s) totalling more than 6 months.
As an employer we believe in facilitating a flexible work pattern whilst taking into consideration operational requirements, client and individual needs. We are proud of our hybrid work pattern that typically sees employees in the office for a minimum of 2 days per week.
You should be able to easily commute to our Manchester office. For some roles/projects, travel to the clients offices will be required and the frequency is often determined by the client.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the success of 6point6. We welcome applicants with different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds, and are proud to have an organisational culture where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below:
- Define the security architecture for high-profile, public facing, government digital services
- Define the security strategy, enterprise architecture and roadmap for large programmes of work
- Review and thoroughly understand applications from a security perspective, using your knowledge of NCSC best practice and control frameworks such as CIS
- Provide risk and threat-based advice on system designs
- Develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders
The successful candidate will have:
- Working knowledge of cyber security standards and frameworks
- Experience with architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches
- Hands-on technical experience, preferably from systems engineering or Penetration Testing
- Knowledge of architecture, design patterns and UML
- Experience with security information and event management systems
- Experience with common approaches to requirements definition, system design and engineering
- Knowledge of market leading security technologies and solutions
- Familiarity with major Cloud technologies, working experience of at least one major PaaS provider – such as Azure or AWS
- An understanding of designing security management systems
As a technology consultancy, we look for people who can deliver both exceptional technical solutions and work as true partners to the organisations we support. To do this you must be able to:
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, demonstrated through:
- Effectively explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Writing meaningfully to deliver clear information, and guidance
- Giving impactful presentations, articulating clearly key points
Demonstrate critical thinking by:
- Analysing and evaluating information
- Using information gathered to present solutions and reach decisions
- Displaying familiarity and comfort with a breadth of technologies (appropriate to the level of the role) and an appreciation of how they can be combined and applied to solve customer problems
Work in partnership with others to:
- Effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure synergy
- Collaborate meaningfully with all parties to ensure outcomes are reached effectively
Whilst having experience in a consultancy is beneficial, demonstrable experience in working with clients/external partners in other settings will always be considered.
During your career with us, we actively encourage and support employees to continually upskill and develop their skills and knowledge.
Who are 6point6?
Founded in 2012, 6point6 drives the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors.
We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers. Our clients work with us because they know for us it’s never just about the project at hand. It’s about creating lasting partnerships built on trust and enabling their long-term success.
We are a growing privately owned company, with offices in central London and Manchester.
6point6 strives to create and maintain a work environment in which people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. We champion diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. A number of employee-led groups work with us to create a unique, fun and fulfilling environment that contributes positively to our culture and our corporate social responsibility commitments.
We are fully committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people and operate a zero tolerance culture towards any discrimination.
Irrespective of your needs, and no matter how small, please let the Recruitment Team know if there are any ways that we can support you during the hiring process.
Benefits at 6point6
From health and wellness to lifestyle and finances, we have your best interests at heart.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes all the standard offerings you’d expect like company bonus plan, pension, private medical, life assurance and income protection. Employee wellbeing is also of the utmost importance to us and we have many benefits supporting wellbeing such as an employee assistance programme, life coaching, a workplace nursery scheme, an electric car scheme and a cycle to work scheme with bike storage.
Our people shape our culture and our values are embedded into everything we do.
HUMAN: We celebrate our differences and bring our authentic selves to work. We are one, inclusive, team.
DEDICATED: We are dedicated to each other, our clients and to our profession. We care.
HONEST: We embrace transparency, act with integrity and encourage everyone to speak openly.
BRAVE: We empower each other to make bold decisions, to take ownership and to challenge with respect.
We are a disability confident committed employer.
If you have access requirements and would like to discuss with us, please contact us: email@example.com
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs