Sr Staff Product Security Researcher
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
These days, the threat landscape is fluid and always changing. Cyber bad-actors are constantly finding new and diabolically creative ways to get to your data and there’s just no telling what door they’ll knock on next. As a Principal Product Security Researcher, you will be helping Palo Alto Networks in a high visibility role to stay ahead of the curve in addressing these latest threats, overseeing vulnerability response and remediation across all of Palo Alto Networks offerings. As part of the Palo Alto Networks Product Security Assurance team, the highly visible Principal Product Security Researcher was created to address these latest threats, overseeing vulnerability response and remediation across all of Palo Alto Networks offerings.
- Discover new security vulnerabilities in our products and cloud offerings by bug hunting and performing security research
- Perform root-cause analysis of product vulnerabilities to ensure complete vulnerability remediation - working closely with our product teams to develop and review solutions
- Serve as a product security subject-matter expert when collaborating with stakeholders across the company and beyond including executives, engineering, infosec, privacy, legal, support, sales, customers, security researchers, and industry partners
- Work with a growth mindset and learn about the latest trends in cybersecurity
- Expert in secure programming, system security concepts, offensive and defensive security techniques
- Strong familiarity with Linux, operating system concepts, networking, and cloud computing
- Experience writing SAST rules (e.g. Semgrep), fuzzing/instrumenting complex applications (e.g. libFuzzer, AFL, Frida), and other program analysis methods
- Understanding of web/application security threats and defenses (code injection, XSS, etc.,)
- Familiarity with OWASP guidelines - Participation in Capture the Flag (CTF) events, a local OWASP chapter, or similar security-focused communities is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An existing vulnerability research disclosure example, public blog entry on a technical issue, comment on a mailing list or open-source issue, or other technical comments on social media
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams as well as external partners, security researchers, and other security teams
- Experience in a red/blue/purple team would be a plus
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, related to computer security, application security, information security, network security, or cryptography or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $145,500/yr to $235,400/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs