Advanced Technical Support - Incident Response (Sucuri)
Location: Remote Arizona / Remote Iowa / Remote Brazil
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
The Remediation Support Analyst plays a key role in providing support to our website security customers. The remediation analysts perform different aspects of the incident response lifecycle, which may include the following but not limited to: Detection & Analysis: Identification of malware and verification of components that could compromise the environment; Containment, Eradication & Recovery: Malware removal and site availability check; Post-Incident Activity: Recommendation for malware prevention.
Work is primarily focused on website cleanups, but the role requires knowledge on Programming (mostly PHP), to understand how pieces of code could be used maliciously, Content Management System (CMS) to understand its structure and how attackers take advantage of that and much more. Every ticket or interaction we have with our clients is not only an opportunity to help their business prosper and succeed but also learn a different skill along the way during the cleanup process.
What you'll get to do...
- Website cleanup and troubleshooting (this role will resolve customer issues through support tickets)
- Process malware removal requests by following a trained process, checklist, and workflow while also demonstrating strong customer service skills
- Code reading to determine if a particular file is malicious or not
- Encouraging our system with new findings to improve our automation process
- Solving customers websites with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and other CMS software
- Writing regular expressions “regex”
- Work across teams to review data and produce security specific content for sharing
Your experience should include...
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel
- Experience with Apache, NGINX and other web servers
- Web Malware Experience (decoding, understanding)
- PHP and Shell scripting/automation
You might also have...
- A get it done right attitude because customer experience matters
- You take ownership for your projects and communicate clearly
- High standards and want to make a difference with your work.
- Organizational skills that allow you to prioritize and plan work activities by using time efficiently
- Open source and community participation and contributions a plus
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs