Cyber Security Lead Engineer
Bengaluru (Primeco Unioncity) - India
BorgWarnerWe deliver innovative and sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market aiming to support a clean, energy-efficient world.
•7+ years of experience in a product cybersecurity position or 10+ years in an embedded systems/software competency with a strong interest in cybersecurity
Knowledge of Automotive cybersecurity standards are strongly advised.
• Responsible to carry our risk assessment (TARA) on ECU's and associated
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Being passionate and forward-thinking about cybersecurity and the needs for the ever-changing automotive industry.
- Plans and implements the cybersecurity activities with a given project with a collaborative team that takes into consideration customer specifications, the cybersecurity process and can bring their own experience into what is needed.
- Performs cybersecurity risk assessments and threat modelling within a product scope and suggests countermeasures appropriate to the project given the technical constraints or operational limitations.
- Knowledge of regulations/standards (SAE/ISO) and associated regulatory frameworks such as ISO 21434, SAE 3061 and UNECE WP29
- Knowledge of software signing, secure boot and associated cryptographic techniques
- Designs and leads the cybersecurity technical solutions as required by the project working with hardware and software teams as needed for the best solutions. Follows and contributes to the secure development lifecycle at BorgWarner
- For a project that has been deemed cyber-relevant, they will create a cybersecurity assurance case that provides the argument for the achieved degree of cybersecurity on their project
- Drives feature development and provides technical support for hardware and software teams, including but not limited to
- Immobilizers/anti theft device
- Manipulation detection watchdogs(Software or hardware)
- Secure diagnostics (token-based or other methods)
- Secure on-board communication (SecOC or similar)
- Key management best practices within products
- Secure/Authenticated/Trusted Boot methods
- Networks and maintains a high-level of industry knowledge
- Follows and keeps up to date with vulnerabilities of our suppliers/customers
- Understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) in medium to large environments to Works directly with Cybersecurity Managers to provide cybersecurity support on projects
• Understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) in medium to large environments to include key management, digital certificates and digital signatures as these impacts the systems we build.
• Familiarity with automotive network architecture, modules, and protocols (CAN, Flexray etc.) is desired but can be transferrable if there is knowledge of ethernet and or the OSI model.
• Understanding of multi-core embedded microcontrollers that use HTAs (hardware trust anchors).
• Familiarity of module-based architectures such as AUTOSAR.
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, take ownership of project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand
• Familiarity with Secure Coding practices, processes and methods. This can include some understanding of the dangers of using C, MISRA and CertC if possible.
• Understanding of different types of penetration and fuzz testing and the tools to do this effectively for our products. An idea of which methods to apply in each project is needed.
• Holding cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CEH or SANS GMOB/GPEN is advantageous but not necessary because passion is more importantInternal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Career Scam Disclaimer: BorgWarner makes no representations or guarantees regarding employment opportunities listed on any third-party website. To protect against career scams, job applicants should take the necessary precautions when interviewing for and accepting employment positions allegedly offered by BorgWarner. Applicants should never provide their national ID numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers, bank account information or other private information when communicating with prospective employers or responding to employment opportunities online. Job applicants are invited to contact BorgWarner through BorgWarner’s website to verify the authenticity of any employment opportunities.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs