Senior Security Architect, Technology Architecture
GuardianWe provide life insurance, disability insurance, dental insurance, and other benefits that help protect people and inspire their well-being.
Guardian Life is seeking a Senior Security Architect to provide subject-matter expertise across all network security and encryption topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between these two architectural patterns.
- Provide architectural and standard methodologies leadership related to the implementation of Cybersecurity controls in Cryptography and Key Management including PKI, Hardware Security Modules, IPSEC and TLS VPNs, Proxies and Firewalls, HIDS/NIDS/IPS, and Wi-Fi security.
- Research information on new, emerging technologies and methods in the security space and develop comprehensive security strategies for Encryption at-Rest/in-Transit, Post-Quantum Cryptography, Crypto Agility, Zero Trust, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Work with various technology vendors to develop appropriate solutions exploring various deployment options such as cloud computing delivery models (IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS) and deployment models related to Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud service.
- Evaluate technologies and architectures used to protect information processing systems that contain sensitive data (e.g., HIPAA, PHI, PII, PFI, PCI), and recommend security controls and plans for remediation when required.
- Work closely with business and solution architects to ensure documented prescriptive blueprints and security standard methodologies are followed and enforced during app design and implementation.
- Evaluate emerging security tools and technologies that align to the vision and strategic goals and objectives on the Security organization.
- Provide timely reporting to executive management on collaboration and other updates.
- Communicate security risks and solutions to executive management, business partners and IT staff.
- Recommend security controls, plans for remediation, and evaluate inherent security characteristics of the technology and architectures used to protect high value assets and their interconnected systems.
- Work closely with Business and solution architects to ensure documented prescriptive blueprints and security standard processes are followed and implemented during app design and implementation.
- Evaluate emerging security tools and technologies that align to the vision and strategic goals and objectives of the Security organization.
- Provide timely reporting to executive management on partnership you're doing and other updates.
- Communicate security risks and solutions to executive management, business partners and IT staff.
- Demonstrated ability in Cyber Security practices, to include a combination of:
- Minimum 7 years of security architecture knowledge and experience.
- 5 Years experience working with network communication protection technologies such as traditional Network Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, VPNs, AWS Security Groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong formal presentation abilities.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Compute Cloud is a plus.
- In-depth and detailed knowledge of:
- Common network protocols such as DNS, BGP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, SMB, NFS
- Cryptography and Secrets Management
- Certificate Authorities / PKI, Digital Certificates, and Hardware Security Modules
- Domain Registration practices
- Security industry standards (NIST 800 series, OWASP, IETF RFCs, etc.) and associated standard processes
- Network Firewalls and VPNs
- SAFe Agile framework
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Identity Governance and Provisioning
- Privilege Access Management
- Software Development Lifecycle and tools
- Windows, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX
- Intrusion Detection and Incident Response
- Web Application Firewalls
- API security and modern open security standards for token-based authentication
- Preferred certifications include CISSP, CCNP, AWS, and especially SANS GIAC
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred; Master’s degree desirable.
Location & Travel:
- Hybrid Remote - 2 Days a week at Guardian office in Bethlehem. PA, Holmdel, NJ, or New York, NY
Salary Range$114,080.00 - $187,415.00
The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
Retirement and Financial
401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
Student loan assistance
Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Guardian also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants (and employees) to accommodate the individual's known limitations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
Tags: Agile APIs AWS Azure CCNP CISSP Cloud Crypto Cryptography DNS Encryption Firewalls GIAC Governance HIPAA IaaS Incident response Internet of Things Intrusion detection IPS Linux Network security NIST OWASP PaaS PKI Red Hat SaaS SANS SDLC SSH STEM TLS VPN Windows
More jobs like this
NC, VA, MD, DC, … NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 117K - 195K * USD 117K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Network Security Architect - Mid-Atlantic region (NC, VA, MD, DC, WV, DE, PA, or NJ)Cloud Compliance Computer Science Network security Risk analysis Risk assessment +2
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs