Technology and Solution Architecture Expert Consultant
Join us in engineering a better future for our planet and its people.
AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading design, engineering and project management organization. We
connect people, data and technology to transform the world's infrastructure and energy systems. Together, with our industry partners and clients, and our global team of consultants, designers, engineers and project managers, we can change the world.
We have a strong presence in the United Kingdom that enables us to build deep and lasting relationships with our clients. We share their goals and long-term ambitions; we’re on the same journey to create places and infrastructure which will support long term sustainable development, healthy living and vibrant communities.
We are seeking a Technology and Solution Architecture Expert Consultant to join the Digital Twin Strategy Workstream in our London office to deliver The Line: an exciting and visionary cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of north-western Saudi Arabia. The City will serve Neom Region: an area near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.
Together we are delivering the world’s largest project, imagining a new way of living, and leaving behind an unmatched legacy.
About The Digital Twin Strategy Workstream
The Digital Twin Strategy team works within the Engineered Design function of The Line Delivery Partner. The core team focus area include:
- Enabling digital twinning within Engineered Design through a portfolio of use cases to improve the decision-making process.
- Supporting Engineered Design workstreams by prioritizing end user needs through a facilitated discovery process, including stakeholder engagement activities and workshops to capture requirements.
- Striving to develop an outcome-driven and capability-based use case portfolio, considering its relation to the broader digital landscape.
This role will primarily support the Engineered Design Cognitive Cities team in their mission objectives of establishing the smart city built environment.
As a Technology and Solution Architecture Expert Consultant within THE LINE Engineered Design, you will act as system matter expert (SME) on ontologies, within the smart city domain, with the primary focus on the establishment of a cross-sector upper ontology for the cognitive city built environment. You will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, domain experts, sector leads and digital professionals, to recommend and establish the ‘City Ontology’ to allow semantic interoperability between THE LINE sectors to enable the realization of Cognitive City use cases.
You will be bringing world class expertise and best practice in assessing the existing standards, classifications and taxonomies being utilized in the programme, and be able to provide the appropriate recommendations on top-level ontologies suited to realizing the goal of an interoperable and extendable Foundation Data Model, in line with the methodology laid out within the UK National Digital Twin initiative.
Experience with construction projects is beneficial, as well as an understanding of all phases of the construction life cycle (Design, Construction, Operation & Maintenance). Additionally, a broad experience of sectors would benefit, as THE LINE has fourteen distinct sectors, with each requiring stakeholder engagement and ontology discovery.
The role will involve the surveying of existing ontologies, research on appropriate upper ontologies and supporting ontologies, recommendation of approached and the establishment of the Foundation Data Model, in conjunction with the technical team, so experience with ontology tooling and knowledge graphs is advantageous.
Key points of responsibility:
- Collaborate with various teams, functions, and program stakeholders to gain a comprehensive understanding of the range of taxonomies, standards, classifications, and ontologies in use.
- Identify gaps in the current ontology system and propose recommendations based on industry best practices for addressing these gaps.
- Coordinate with the Digital Twin Strategy, Cognitive City, and AM/FM teams to understand the use cases that the Foundation Data Model aims to fulfill.
- Ensure seamless integration of the planned upper ontology with other elements, such as Reference Data Libraries and Integration Architecture, in collaboration with the Information Management Framework team.
- Conduct a comprehensive survey on the sectors' existing and planned ontologies as part of a program-wide ontology survey.
- Research, develop, and present a recommendation report on the most appropriate upper-level ontology to implement.
- Collaborate with the Digital Systems team and technical vendors for the establishment of the Foundation Data Model.
- Provide potential ongoing support for the implementation and extension of new use cases, ensuring that solutions remain adaptable and scalable.
- Educate the broader program about the utility and benefits of ontologies, particularly upper ontologies, and how they can be effectively implemented in the technical environment, while defining best practices.
- THE LINE Delivery Partner ED Ontology Survey.
- THE LINE Sector Ontology Survey.
- Ontology Gap Analysis and Recommendations Report.
- Foundation Data Model, as part of the broader Information Management Framework.
What we’re looking for
Essential Skills / Experience
- Proficiency in using data modeling tools, such as ERwin, ER/Studio, or EA Sparx.
- Familiarity with modeling standards or notations, like UML, ORM, DFD, BPMN, or DMN.
- Experience with semantic web technologies and ontology languages like RDF and OWL.
- Knowledge of graph data storage and graph databases (e.g., Neo4j or Apache TinkerPop).
- Exposure to digital twin technology and/or the construction industry is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, able to turn complex requirements into actionable strategies.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to work effectively across various stakeholder groups.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with a commitment to delivering high-quality work within set timelines.
- Up to date with the latest trends in ontology and continuously seeks to learn and enhance skills.
- Advanced degree (master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Why choose AtkinsRéalis
Your difference makes a difference. We care for our people and are committed to creating an inclusive working environment where you can thrive and build a future you want to be a part of.
Thrive with us. When you join us, your wellbeing, health and safety become our top priority.
Engineering the future with digital. From design and engineering to project management, digital is fundamental to our way of working.
Champion lasting change. We build sustainability into everything we do.
- Full-time, part-time, and/or flexible hours contracts.
- Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
- Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
- 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days!
- Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
- Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
- And so much more
Created by the integration of long-standing organizations dating back to 1911, AtkinsRéalis is a world-leading professional services and project management company dedicated to engineering a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to transform the world's infrastructure and energy systems. We deploy global capabilities locally to our clients and deliver unique end-to-end services across the whole life cycle of an asset including consulting, advisory & environmental services, intelligent networks & cybersecurity, design & engineering, procurement, project & construction management, operations & maintenance, decommissioning and capital. The breadth and depth of our capabilities are delivered to clients in key strategic sectors such as Engineering Services, Nuclear, Operations & Maintenance and Capital. News and information are available at www.atkinsrealis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. So, you'll be part of a culture that wants to see more women in senior roles. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
At AtkinsRéalis, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs