Cyber Security Engineering Intern (REF1720G | January-May, 2024)
Fort Worth, TX, United States
Elbit Systems of AmericaElbit Systems of America is a leading global source of innovative, technology-based systems for diverse defense, homeland security & commercial applications.
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Scope: The Intern Direct Engineering will have an assignment as a current college student with career interests in cyber security. The wide variety of challenging technical opportunities offered by the Intern Program includes engineering tasks. such as: developing processes and documentation, performing risk assessment, and designing cybersecurity solutions. An Intern employee will be considered as a preferential applicant for future Engineer based openings.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- It is recognized that the Intern has as the primary responsibility and priority of successfully completing all of the classes enrolled during the time of the Internship.
- Work on defined tasks under close supervision with a senior engineer.
- Assist in performing security risk assessments.
- Identify and define cybersecurity requirements, design solutions, and perform security analysis predominantly for defense projects.
- Collaborate with program and engineering disciplines to ensure implementation of cybersecurity solutions.
- Ensure compliance to industry standards.
- Developing processes and documentation.
- Other continuous improvement activities.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Majoring in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Software, Computer Science, Cyber, or Aeronautical Engineering with an interest in defense industry design.
- Taking courses in engineering fundamentals as they relate to designing, creating and then building component based systems.
- Good attitude essential for team-based working.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges based on the level of education attained.
- Must be eligible for a clearance.
- Action Oriented.
- Curious and willing to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with people a diverse group of people.
- Committed to our core values of Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork.
Here Are Some of the Great Benefits We Offer:
- Most locations offer a 9/80 schedule providing every other Friday off
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Elbit Systems of America to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels based solely upon job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetics or citizenship status.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individual with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Elbit Systems of America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs