Principal Consultant - Attack & Penetration | Remote, USA
Kansas City, MO
OptivOptiv manages cyber risk so you can secure your full potential. Cybersecurity advisory services and solutions. Powered by the best minds in cyber.
How you'll make an impact:
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex projects.
- Acts as technical escalation point to assist other consultants.
- Leverage cutting-edge techniques, tools, and procedures (TTPs), to covertly compromise clients.
- Leverage cloud-based assets to execute targeted assessments.
- Creatively use identified vulnerabilities across a client’s entire security posture (logical, physical, social) to demonstrate meaningful risks to clients based on industry and business focus.
- Create comprehensive assessment reports that clearly identify root cause and remediation strategies.
- Interface with client personnel to gather information, clarify scope and investigate security controls.
- Execute projects using established methodology, tools, and documentation.
- Collaborate with other team members and practices to complete client projects and practice contributions.
- Provide support in the ongoing development of security assessment offerings through tool creation and process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in industry conferences to include delivering presentations.
What we’re looking for:
- Four (4) years of experience performing Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, Wireless Security Assessments and/or Social Engineering to enterprise-level organizations.
- Four (4) years of experience in a consulting services role, or related information security positions.
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time to client sites.
- Certifications such as OSEE, OSEP, OSCP, OSCE, OSEE, CREST CRT, GIAC (GXPN, GWAPT, GPEN, GMOB) others are highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area of study; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with command and control (C2) frameworks, such as Nighthawk, Cobalt Strike, Mythic, Covenant, etc.
- Familiarity with evasive techniques for social engineering, C2, and post-exploitation.
- Passion for creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient preferred.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools preferred.
- Ability to combine multiple separate findings to execute complex attacks.
- Ability to manually validate vulnerabilities identified during assessments.
- Ability to identify, describe and report vulnerabilities and standard remediation activities, to include clear demonstration of risk to clients through post-exploitation activities required.
- Familiarity with many different network architectures, network services, system types, network devices, development platforms and software suites required (e.g., Linux, Windows, Cisco, Oracle, Active Directory, JBoss, .NET, etc.) required.
- Motivation to contribute to the infosec community (speaking, publishing, tooling/research) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports required.
- Must be able to work well with customers and self-manage through difficult situations, focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives required.
- Ability to lead and mentor others; willingness to collaborate and share knowledge with team members required.
- Proven ability to review and revise reports written by peers required.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to take on large and complex projects with little or no supervision required.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Active Directory Automation Cloud Cobalt Strike Computer Science CREST GIAC GMOB GPEN GWAPT GXPN Linux Oracle OSCE OSCP OSEE Privacy Red team Risk management Scripting Security assessment Travel TTPs Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Remote Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 120K - 200K * USD 120K+ *
GuidePoint Security LLC
Career development Conferences Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Remote, UNITED STATES, United … Remote, UNITED STATES, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 127K - 175K USD 127K+
Palo Alto Networks
Senior Consultant, Offensive Security, Proactive Services (Unit 42)Application security Audits AWS Azure Bash Burp Suite +36
Career development Health care Medical leave Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs