Information Security Assurance Specialist
London, United Kingdom
Genomics EnglandGenomics England analyses sequenced genomes for the NHS and then equips researchers to use data to help find the cause of disease.
Genomics England partners with the NHS to provide whole genome sequencing diagnostics. We also equip researchers to find the causes of disease and develop new treatments – with patients and participants at the heart of it all.
Our mission is to continue refining, scaling, and evolving our ability to enable others to deliver genomic healthcare and conduct genomic research.
We are accelerating our impact and working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Assurance Specialist to join our growing Security Assurance team.
Cybersecurity is pivotal to what we do here at Genomics England, and it is essential that we are confident that our systems are secure. The Cyber Security Assurance Specialist will ensure we meet the necessary security requirements and standards. They will also play a key role in maintaining our resilience against security vulnerabilities and failures.
The ideal candidate will have a background in cybersecurity within the NHS, specifically in navigating the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
- Utilise knowledge of cybersecurity practices and principles, and the Data Security and Protection Toolkit to ensure resilience.
- Conduct thorough audits of our infrastructure and estate to identify and assess potential vulnerabilities and weak points.
- Develop and implement strategies for continuous monitoring and improvement of our cybersecurity posture.
- Collaborate with internal teams to remediate identified vulnerabilities and enhance overall security resilience.
- Effectively communicate cybersecurity concepts and risks to stakeholders at all levels.
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure a unified understanding of cybersecurity measures and promote a culture of security awareness.
- Background in cybersecurity within the NHS, particularly with the Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
- Possess a high-level understanding of basic network architecture, protocols, and security measures.
- Demonstrate a proactive and self-starting approach, taking the initiative to identify and address security challenges.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: CISSP, Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, and ISACA.
Being an integral part of such a meaningful mission is extremely rewarding in itself, but in order to support our people, we’re continually improving our benefits package. We pride ourselves on investing in our people and supporting them to achieve their career goals, as well as offering a benefits package including:
- 30 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), with additional days for long service awards
- A generous pension scheme of up to 15% combined contribution
- Individual learning budgets for every colleague, a Blinkist account and a wide variety of courses on our portal
- A wide variety of wellness benefits including Gympass, a Headspace account, free weekly Yoga classes
- Enhanced maternity & paternity benefits
- Blended working arrangements
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.
Genomics England is actively committed to providing and supporting an inclusive environment that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion best practice both within our community and in any other area where we have influence. We are proud of our diverse community where everyone can come to work and feel welcomed and treated with respect regardless of any disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, or social background.
Genomics England’s policies of non-discrimination and equity and will be applied fairly to all people, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, being pregnant or recently becoming a parent, race, religion or beliefs, sex or sexual orientation, length of service, whether full or part-time or employed under a permanent or a fixed-term contract or any other relevant factor.
Genomics England does not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment, victimisation or bullying at work. Such behaviour is contrary to our virtues, undermines our mission and core values and diminishes the dignity, respect and integrity of all parties.
Genomics England operates a blended working model as we know our people appreciate the flexibility. We expect most people to come into the office 2 times each month as a minimum. However, this will vary according to role and will be agreed with your team leader. For some people this is 1 day a quarter, for others it is several days a week. There is no expectation that staff will return to the office full time unless they want to. The exception would be some of our roles that would require you to be on site full time e.g., lab teams, reception team.
Our teams and squads have, and will continue to, reflect on what works best for them to work together successfully and have the freedom to design working patterns to suit, beyond the minimum. Our office locations are Canary Wharf, Cambridge and Leeds.
As part of our recruitment process, all successful candidates are subject to a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We therefore require applicants to disclose any previous offences at point of application, as some unspent convictions may mean we are unable to proceed with your application due to the nature of our work in healthcare.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - United Kingdom Remote - United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Director Analyst, Cryptography and Encryption - Remote UK, IrelandAES Blockchain C Certificate management Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Insurance +5
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 87K - 120K * USD 87K+ *
Palo Alto Networks
Chief Security Officer (CSO), UK&IC Cloud Computer Science ISO 27001 Network security NIST +4
Career development Conferences Medical leave Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs