Associate Consultant Intern, Summer 2024 - Istanbul, Turkey
Maslak Istanbul, Turkey
MastercardWir verbinden und fördern eine integrative, digitale Wirtschaft, von der Menschen, Unternehmen und Regierungen weltweit profitieren, indem wir Transaktionen sicher, einfach und zugänglich machen.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryAssociate Consultant Intern, Summer 2024 - Istanbul, TurkeyApply for our Summer Internship program and spend your summer enhancing your skills, sharing your ideas, and making a difference in the real world.
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders, and merchants worldwide, Mastercard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories.
You find more information on www.mastercardworldwide.com.
Who is Mastercard Data & Services?
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Mastercard Summer Internship Program
The Mastercard Summer Internship Program is a comprehensive 10-week program aimed at early career talent, where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
Successful interns also have the opportunity to secure a place of our Launch program upon graduating, which you can find out more about here.
Challenging and impactful projects
Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leaders
Volunteer and team building experiences
Participation in a global innovation challenge that could have material impact on Mastercard’s future.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant Intern
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Consultant Intern, you will:
• Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems
• Participate in volunteer and team building experiences
• Exposure to our the leadership team through networking sessions and speaker series
• Begin to build relationships with clients to understand their business needs, seek strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
• Grow by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team.
• Have an opportunity for meaningful contributions
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our customers with their most urgent business needs, and we are recruiting for 2 career tracks that make up our team:
1) Strategy & Transformation:
Lead customers through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
Sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
o How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
o How can a customer improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial and strategic goals?
2) Performance Analytics:
Translate data into insights leveraging Mastercard and client data. Get hands-on to design, implement & scale analytical solutions for clients across industries. Apply qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques using our enterprise applications (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Python, Impala, and more) to synthesize analyses into clear recommendations and impactful narratives.
Sampling of questions we help our clients answer:
o How does a financial institution's fraud/authorization metrics fare against competitors, and what are strategies that can help it be best-in-class?
o How is a technology client’s market share changing over time, and are there any segments where the client is relatively under penetrated?
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
• Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
• Undergraduate with a target graduation date between Dec 2024 - August 2025
• Outstanding record of academic achievement
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and Turkish
• Candidates must be a Turkish Citizen, Turkey Permanent Resident, or possess other unrestricted Turkey work authorization and will not require sponsorship for Turkey work authorization now or anytime in the future
In your CV, please indicate your first and second track preference. This information will be leveraged to best match applicants with their desired tracks.
Track placement will indicate the types of projects where you will spend the majority of your time, however, we encourage and enable working across tracks to allow team members to acquire a diverse set of skills and experiences.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs