Presales Solutions Architect, Cloud Security
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your well-being support to your growth and development, and beyond!
As our authority in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud (GCP), and other public cloud environments, you are the “go to” resource and Subject-Matter Expert for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our Systems Engineers, but augment them with our SME in the advanced or new technology areas).
The Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect role is a technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. You will be measured by your expertise and your ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management teams and other extended teams to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present the solution, benefits, USP, etc., to customers at all levels in the hierarchy, from engineering team members to CIO
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape to prepare for customer planning
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Be the technical voice of sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Ali Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCP and OCI)
- Be an evangelist to further bring Security, DevOps, and SecOps together (DevSecOps)
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Write code/scripts as needed, or be able to learn if you don’t
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Work with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to build requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities
- Take ownership of advanced proof of concept (PoC) testing in strategic accounts
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs, customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite and support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-Cloud (BiC) partners who will be critical to win over new top tier customers
- 10+ years of experience as a systems engineer or solutions architect, or in a presales capacity
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, networking, firewalls, encryption)
- Demonstrable experience in securing cloud environments and cloud systems, including topics around certification and compliance
- Experience in DevOps will be an added advantage
- Programming experience in a higher-level language such as NodeJS, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON or Python will be advantageous
- Hands-on experience using IaC software tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, GCP Cloud Deployment Manager etc) and CI/CD tools (IDEs, GitLab, GitHuB, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Understanding of container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Deep understanding of API based security & compliance standards
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Demonstrable experience with AWS and/or Microsoft Azure or GCP installation, configuration, and administration of security features and services
- Experience with cloud networking models and connectivity, network security, virtualization, and cloud computing
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring, and fixing network infrastructure security products
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric Go-To-Market approach
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, etc; their creation and activation
As part of our Solutions Architecture team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: APIs AWS Azure CI/CD CircleCI Cloud Compliance DevOps DevSecOps Docker Encryption Exploits Firewalls GCP GitHub IAM JSON Kubernetes Linux Malware Network security Node.js Puppet Python R&D Ruby Scripting SecOps Terraform UNIX Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs