Cybersecurity Risk Specialist
USA, GA, Atlanta (4770 Buford Hwy NE)
Booz Allen HamiltonBooz Allen is a leading consulting firm that uses advanced technologies to solve the world’s toughest challenges in military, government, and business.
Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them seem overwhelming to government agencies. In all of this “cyber noise”, how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you – build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As an information security risk specialist on our team, you’ll work with leading agencies in the Health Market to discover their cyber risks, understand policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You’ll get technical, environmental, and personnel details from SMEs and system engineers to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you’ll help your team guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, whitepapers, and milestones. You’ll work on translating security concepts for your client so they can make the best decisions to secure their critical infrastructure. This is your opportunity to take an active role in information security while growing your skills in risk analysis and ongoing authorization. Join us as we protect our nation's health response and infrastructure.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 3+ years of experience in an information security role
- 3+ years of experience supporting FISMA requirements
- Knowledge of federal cyber requirements and guidelines, including NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-53a, NIST 800-60, FIPS, or OMB A-130
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management, Assessment and Authorization, and Incident Response processes
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, or Project Serve
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Knowledge of network server, database, and applications scanning tools, including Nessus, Fortify, Web Inspect, or Squirrel
- Ability to translate vulnerability scan results into findings aligned to NIST SP 800-53 security controls
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field
- 8500 Compliant Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a government investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements of the U.S. government client.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $73,000.00 to $166,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
More jobs like this
Palo Alto, CA, United … Palo Alto, CA, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 124K - 240K USD 124K+
Associate Director, Privacy & Data Security Compliance (Hybrid, Remote or Onsite Options)Analytics Compliance GDPR HIPAA Privacy Strategy
Career development Equity Gear Health care Salary bonus +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs