LAC MBA Summer Consultant Intern, 2024
MastercardWir verbinden und fördern eine integrative, digitale Wirtschaft, von der Menschen, Unternehmen und Regierungen weltweit profitieren, indem wir Transaktionen sicher, einfach und zugänglich machen.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and SummaryLAC MBA Summer Consultant Intern, 2024Associate Managing Consultant Intern
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing innovative services that help our clients grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global client base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant Intern
As an Associate Managing Consultant Intern, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Managing Consultant Intern, you will:
- Lead small and large teams to solve our clients' strategic problems through data-driven solutions
- Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to identify client issues and synthesize the analysis into sound recommendations
- Delegate to team members and own the overall project deliverables
- Organize and structure project plans to meet deliverables at the project budget
- Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively develop and share tools, methods and best practices across projects
- Collaborate with motivated peers who are passionate about what they do
- Mentor junior teammates on analytical and technical skill sets
- Build strong relationships with senior-level clients and internal stakeholders to guide impactful decisions
- Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced people leadership team
- Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your existing core consulting skill set
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
- From day one, have an opportunity for meaningful project leadership contributions, increased responsibility, and professional advancement
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our clients with their most urgent business needs, and we are recruiting for a career track that make up our team:
Strategy & Transformation:
Lead clients through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more. Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
Sampling of questions we help our clients answer:
- How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
- How can a client improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial and strategic goals?
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities
• Stakeholder Management: Establishes trust-based relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders, functioning as a reliable partner.
• Growth Mindset: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through our structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities
• Business Acumen: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Integrity: Commitment to our values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
- MBA Candidate graduating between December 2024 and August 2025
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with 4+ years of general work experience or 2+ years of consulting work experience
- Demonstrable management consulting, financial services, retail / commerce, and/ or project management experience
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to analyze large amounts of data and synthesize key findings and recommendations.
- Strong presence & communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s).
- Excellent client management & engagement management skills; collaborates well across multiple communication channels.
- Experience with project and/ or workstream management and clear delegation, task ownership, and task management
- Desirable using data analysis or querying tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableau) is an asset (particularly for Performance Analytics or Business Experimentation tracks).
IMPORTANT: Please apply through (platform) and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying a ranking of which office would you like to join between Colombia, Chile, Mexico, and Brazil (for Brazil is required to speak Portuguese)
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Perks/benefits: Career development
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs