Information Security Officer (REMOTE)
Providence, Rhode Island
State StreetState Street provides investment servicing, investment management, investment research and trading services to institutional investors worldwide.
Who we are looking for
An Information Security Officer (ISO) who will be an integral part of a team responsible for ensuring the security of the business and functional teams in line with the company security policy and risk tolerance
Other key relationships:
- Information Security Officers
- Business and Functional Technical Leaders
- Cyber Transformation Office
- Collaboration with 3LOD – Compliance, Risk Management, Corporate Audit
- Regional CISO
What you will be responsible for
- Consistent and effective engagement with Information Technology and Business leadership to embed security into their strategic and tactical plans.
- Champion the Information Security mandates acting as a liaison between Global Cyber Security (GSC) and Business Units (BU).
- Addressing cyber security and risk posture within the BUs.
- Being a Trusted Security Adviser to the BU Leadership team.
- Cross pollinating information risk management practices across to the BU as a standard practice.
- Serve as an informed liaison between the Global Cyber Security org and BU.
- Assist in the development and successful outcomes of Security KPIs that drive control effectiveness.
- Directly support security assessments within the ISO's individual BU.
- Participate in Information Security and 3rd Party Risk Management (TPRM) assessment for assigned BU.
- Create ambassadorship programs down in the business to ensure security is a partnership.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Stay up to date on present and emerging security trends, technology, & threats.
- Actively promote and deliver on the ISO program and its mission.
- Collaborate with Global Cyber Security and business partner teams to ensure alignment addressing security policies in their products and services.
- Create visibility through effective metrics and reporting.
- Participate actively in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Create and deliver effective presentations as a means for communicating project and deliverable progress.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Ability to give presentations at all levels and diverse audiences.
- Work cross-functionally with team members to support and enhance collaborative environment.
- Positioning security within the business with the ability to communicate in non-technical terminology.
- Manage the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization and balance this with risk investments.
- Partner with BU Leadership to identify, evaluate, and address cyber security risks.
- Ensures and monitors security compliance with industry and government rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor IT-related security risks.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
- Report security performance against established security metrics.
- Promote information security awareness program to ensure staff members across the organization understand the trade-off between risk and return.
- Understands “voice of the customer” and develops mechanisms to proactively sense adoption and usage patterns by end users so that policy can align with need.
- Operate as the primary intake point for BU and Global Cyber Security communication.
- Delivery of effective security outcomes that drives improvements of security within the business.
- S.M.A.R.T. goals that symbolize success of Security adoption within the BUs.
- Development of Forum based security communication channels.
- Reach target KPI success metric goals.
- Operate at the CIO dotted line level.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Driving results
- Strategic Thinking
- Collaborating & Influencing
- Change Management
- Senior Executive communication
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in information security, preferably in a cyber risk management capacity.
- Project Management experience leading small and medium sized teams to successful completion.
- Modern technical understanding and experience developing and implementing innovated techniques and solutions to delivering cost efficient security solutions.
- Hands-on or working knowledge in multiple security domains: server hardening, firewall, network, VPN, encryption, code review, security framework & standards, various protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, SSL/TLS, SSH, HTTPS, FTP, RDP, ICA, BGP, LDAP/AD, etc.)
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors
- Ability to react to high pressure dynamic changing environments
- Preference not Mandatory : Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Highly regulated environment experience, preferably financial services.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
More jobs like this
Remote United States | … Remote United States | Remote Atlanta, GA Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 107K - 236K * USD 107K+ *
Chief Information Security OfficerApplication security CISA CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Medical leave Paid sabbatical +2
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 57K - 106K * USD 57K+ *
Director of Threat Intelligence - 100% US REMOTE ONLYCISM CISSP Computer Science Cyber Kill Chain GCIH Incident response +6
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 48K - 90K * USD 48K+ *
Insider Threat Director - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAnalytics Compliance Governance Incident response Monitoring Risk assessment +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs