Sr. Security Engineer, AWS., AWS Security Corporate Architecture & Design
Herndon, Virginia, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
AWS is looking for Security Engineers to ensure that our infrastructure operates to the highest standards required to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. If you enjoy leading complex network security projects, working with engineering teams and analyzing log data, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to work alongside world-class talent in solving complex and far-reaching problems. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Network Engineering and data security disciplines.
Key job responsibilities
- Mature our capabilities to provide leading edge security for our internal networks in conjunction with other service teams.
- Collaborate with internal and partner teams to develop common security practices for the Amazon Network environment.
- Lead major security upgrade programs ensuring that our capabilities remain ahead of the threat landscape.
- Influence security teams across AWS to develop detection engineering processes in keeping with industry best practices.
- Attend internal and external training regarding security engineering and architecture.
- Support large-scale security incident investigations, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses.
- Develop and mentor other security engineers.
This position can be located in either Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, similar technology degrees or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- 3+ years experience in a security engineering or architecture role.
Preferred Qualifications- MS in Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, similar technology degrees, or 10+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience leading projects related to security architecture, system architecture, penetration testing, product development, SEIM implementation/tuning, and/or threat intelligence.
- Possess a strong understanding of common enterprise technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of computing security issues and project/program management best practices.
- Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations.
- Have working experience of operationalizing security requirements.
- Are comfortable generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
- Experience with AWS products and services.
- Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and creation of remediation plans.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
More jobs like this
RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 161K USD 75K+
Nanyang Technological University
Cyber Security Data Integration Engineer/DeveloperAnsible Automation Bash CCNP Clearance Cloud +23
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs