Senior Manager, Application Security
Spain Remote or Romania Remote, OTHER
FlywireFlywire’s payments platform, global payment network and vertical-specific software handle all your payments challenges, so you can focus on your business.
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,700+ global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,200+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 12 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Senior Manager, Application Security, reporting into the Senior Director, Security. This individual will support our Application Security Team in providing security support for our development houses and ensure the privacy and security of confidential business and personal information. We are looking for a results-oriented manager with experience working in culturally diverse teams in a high growth environment and with experience interacting with other functional areas including Product, Development, SRE and Application Support.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of application security professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Set strategic goals and objectives for the team, aligned with the overall security and business strategies.
- Support the professional development and growth of team members through guidance, coaching, and training.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive application security strategy to protect applications and systems from threats and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineering, Product, SRE, and Application Support, to integrate security practices seamlessly throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Define and enforce security architecture and coding standards, ensuring compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Implement security controls and requirements into the application design and development processes.
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in application security, with a focus on secure software development practices.
- Strong understanding of web application architectures, cloud platforms, and modern software development methodologies, including agile methodologies and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment).
- Experience securing the SDLC, SAST/DAST tools and threat modeling.
- In-depth knowledge of common application vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10) and secure coding practices.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and industry standards related to application security (e.g., GDPR, SOC2, PCI-DSS).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Please note that these responsibilities and qualifications provide a general overview and may not encompass all aspects of the role of a Senior Manager of an Application Security team
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Work From Home Stipend
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 14 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United … Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Information Security Operations ManagerActive Directory CISSP Cloud E-commerce Incident response ISO 27001 +9
Career development Equity Fitness / gym Flex hours Parental leave +2
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs