Senior Cyber Security Specialist
AvaloqPartner with a premium cloud banking software and service provider. Increase your efficiency and improve client experience.
Founded and headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq is continuously expanding its global footprint with around 2,500 colleagues in 10 countries, and more than 160 clients in 35 countries. We are an industry-leading provider of wealth management technology and services for financial institutions around the world, including private banks and wealth managers, investment managers, as well as retail and neo banks. Our research led approach and continual innovation is powered by the passion and creativity of our colleagues.
We are always looking for talented people to join us on our mission to orchestrate the financial ecosystem and democratize access to wealth management. Avaloq offers the opportunity to work closely with some of the world’s leading financial institutions as we jointly develop and shape careers. Championing a collaborative, supportive and flexible work environment empowers our colleagues to reach their full potential.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for cyber security to work alongside a talented team to improve and operate a cyber security center.
The role requires a strong background and understanding of all cyber security domains.
In this position, you will be part of the global cyber security operations team with focus on identification, analysis and response to cyber security threats and events. You will support the Head of our Cyber Security Operations Center in improving the effectiveness of the team and lead the planning, implementation, documentation as well actively coordinating and overseeing the service providers including MSSP.
You can expect a demanding and complex international environment, which is highly stimulating and encouraging. The growth of the company demands your structured and innovative approach, as well as flexibility to a high degree. As a committed team player, you will support developing the maturity of the cyber security operation center, its controls and processes.
Your key tasks
- Manage and handle Cyber Security Incidents on a daily basis
- Identify cyber security gaps in existing and proposed projects
- Participate in organizational security projects, as required
- Support in development processes, and procedures for the team
- Assist correlating alerts, implementing monitoring Use Cases
- Provide implementations, recommendations for protecting and resolving threats and incidents
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of security solutions, or enhancements to existing cyber security solutions, to improve overall enterprise security
- 5-7 years working experience in a SOC / CDC or similar roles
- Working experience in the creation of playbooks and the tuning of SIEM use cases
- Experienced with vendor and security service management, MSSP
- Deep knowledge and experience in SIEM and EDR solutions
- Solid knowledge about Cloud like (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Working experience in Threat Intelligence Management
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
It would be a real bonus if you have
- Information and Cyber Security certificates like CISSP, SANS or similar
- Working experience with Azure Sentinel
- Working experience with automation and SOAR solutions
- Working experience in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Incident Response
We realize that managing work life balance is a challenge we all face in our daily lives and in order to support with this we are pleased to offer hybrid and flexible working for most of our Avaloqers to maintain work life balance and still continue our fantastic Avaloq culture in our global offices.
In Avaloq we are proud to embrace diversity and understand the success of our business is built on the power of different opinions, we are whole heartedly committed to fostering an equal opportunity environment and inclusive culture where you can be your true authentic self.
We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other fantastic traits that make us all unique, we have done our best to write this advert in an inclusive and neutral way.
Please be aware that we will not accept speculative CV submissions for any of our roles from recruitment agencies, and any unsolicited candidate submissions will be exempt from any payment expectations.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United … Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Mobile Security Engineer - CertificationAndroid Banking C Finance Industrial Linux +7
Competitive pay Flex hours Gear Home office stipend Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs