Sr Manager Cybersecurity Awareness & Training
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Strategic Planning & Business Operations (InfoSec), you will have the opportunity to transform cyber security awareness as we know it in the largest cyber security company. You will be working with some of the industry leading cyber security leaders on a daily basis to raise the awareness of information security risks and threats and to infuse a security first mindset into all our employees and contractors. You will contribute to creating a culture of security by growing security awareness and making each person a cyber security champion.
- Develop and maintain a security education and awareness program that effectively fosters the development of a Security First culture, promotes desired security behaviors, and encourages long term, sustainable change
- Identify the top human risks to our organization and the behaviors needed to change to mitigate those risks and define achievable, observable, and measurable learning objectives (skills)
- Collaborate with information security teams to identify areas of risk and develop targeted and roles-based information security training, education, and awareness activities
- Ensure the security awareness program meets all industry regulations, standards, and compliance requirements
- Develop a wide range of awareness content such as communications covering threats and vulnerabilities, cybersecurity awareness month, presentations, newsletters, notification releases, etc.
- Develop regular targeted communications to business stakeholders on various security related topics
- Provide strategic consulting in all aspects related to cyber security training for organization-wide initiatives and projects - Participate in the design, development and implementation of training programs of a broad organizational scope
- Ensure multiple learning styles are included in the course design by using various communication channels
- Conduct needs assessments to identify and evaluate training requirements
- Develop training materials to include training handbooks, job aids, models, multimedia visual aids, computer and web-based tutorials, and standard operating procedures
- Research and study advancements in educational technologies and methods
- Recommend and/or implement innovative solutions, modifications and enhancements to security training and awareness programs
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of existing information security training, education, and awareness programs/activities
- Develop metrics and reporting strategies to track the effectiveness of the program
- Consult and partner with corporate technical training, communications teams, business, and security
- Coordinate with security teams across the organization to ensure that security education and awareness needs are satisfied for all security stakeholders
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience developing and implementing Technical Education and Awareness programs and strategies at multiple large organizations
- Experience in one or more of the following fields - IT, Application Development, Network Engineering, or Cybersecurity
- Strong Security Risk Management expertise
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex security and risk related issues
- Strong program management experience and the ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to navigate diverse perspectives and promote an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical subject matter experts and translate that information seamlessly to non-technical employees and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and senior business staff and management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc. or equivalent military experience required
Serious mission, fun culture; We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that embraces challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers. They say it’s the people you work with that make you want to go to work and it’s true here; we love our work.
Think about it: Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill every time we beat the bad guys.
We hope to meet you soon!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $175,600/yr to $284,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs