Application Security Engineer, Engineering SDLC Tools
GA Atlanta 1050 Techwood Drive NW
Warner Bros. DiscoveryWarner Bros. Discovery offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities across a multitude of disciplines. Join us as we step into the next chapter.
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
As an Application Security Engineer, you will be an important member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Global Information and Content Security team (GICS). This is a key role that will be focused on application security for our streaming media service and other supporting applications. You will be a valued partner to development and engineering teams to ensure secure architectures, patterns, and solutions are created and maintained. This person will work closely with WBD’s product teams and will build relationships with engineering groups to support effective security solutions for our products.
- Work collaboratively and proactively across the organization with Product/Application Teams on AppSec initiatives
- Work collaboratively and proactively to grow the security culture across the organization
- Be creative and solve problems with solutions that can scale
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging secure application technologies/products/trends
- Build, maintain, and utilize security tools for the Application Security program
- Review and contribute to application designs and solutions
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure secure coding best practices are followed
- Perform security and risk assessments for consumer-facing applications and services
- Identify and define application security requirements and security baselines
- Actively and continuously share role-specific knowledge with team members and product teams
- Stay up to date with the latest application security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Proven Software Engineering experience developing and maintaining scalable, cloud-native software solutions, including familiarity with container technologies, AWS, and infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Proven experience building tools and automation to support an Application Security team
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of the SDLC and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong understanding of application security standards and practices, such as the OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of practical threat modeling for consumer applications
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps and Agile-driven product teams
- A strong desire to help engineering teams build consumer applications securely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of API security architecture and technologies
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and security principles
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or Information Security preferred.
- ISC2 CSSLP, GIAC (GWEB, GCSA), or other Security Certifications
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs