Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Boston, MA (Remote Local)
This is a U.S. based position. All of the programs we support require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment. All work must be conducted within the continental U.S.
Who we are:
Raft (https://TeamRaft.com) is a customer-obsessed non-traditional small business with a purposeful focus on Distributed Data Systems, Platforms at Scale, and Complex Application Development, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes innovative federal and public agencies leveraging design thinking, cutting-edge tech stack, and cloud-native ecosystem. We build digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to support our customers and join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers.
About the role:
As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be a key contributor to our cybersecurity efforts. You will take the lead on security projects, develop and implement security strategies, and mentor junior team members.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience implementing IAM, SIEM, IaC, and CaC solutions such as Okta, Keycloak, Splunk, ELK, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or MITRE SAF
- 3+ years of experience configuring & maintaining security tooling such as vulnerability & compliance scanners, SAST & DAST, EDR, audit logging, etc.
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple AWS environments (e.g. staging, test, and production)
- 3+ years of experience with AWS cloud security offerings such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Inspector, GuardDuty, Shield, Secrets Manager, etc.
- Hands-on experience assisting with the design of secure network & system architectures, virtualization & cloud technologies, application security, encryption technologies, and IPS/IDS technologies
- Experience assisting with the planning and implementation of defense-in-depth security engineering and conducting security testing against the environment
- Understanding of DevSecOps methodologies & implementing security tooling within CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes & Docker and related scanning tools such as TwistLock, Trivy, Zarf, JFrog Xray, or Anchore
- Has assisted with hardening of on-prem & cloud-based Linux & Windows systems using DISA STIGs & SRGs or other industry best practices
- Experience with maintaining relevant security documentation such as SBOMs, PPS lists, data flow & network diagrams, and SSPs.
- Willing to occasionally work in a classified environment such as a Closed Area or SCIF on a quarterly basis
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
- Obtain CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification within the first 90 days of employment with Raft
- Familiarity with the NIST RMF or other security/risk frameworks and the DoD ATO process
- Passionate about building automation in languages like Python, GoLang, or Typescript
- Familiarity with Azure or Google Cloud offerings
- Industry Certifications such as:
- CKS or CKA
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- CISSP (or any concentration)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or similar field.
- Able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security clearance
- Remote Local (Boston, MA)
What we will offer you:
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully covered healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) and company match
- Unlimited PTO + 11 paid holidays
- Education & training benefits
- Annual budget for your tech/gadgets needs
- Monthly box of yummy snacks to eat while doing meaningful work
- Remote, hybrid, and flexible work options
- Team off-site in fun places!
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- And More!
Our Vision Statement:
We bridge the gap between humans and data through radical transparency and our obsession with the mission.
Our Customer Obsession:
We will approach every deliverable like it's a product. We will adopt a customer-obsessed mentality. As we grow, and our footprint becomes larger, teams and employees will treat each other not only as teammates but customers. We must live the customer-obsessed mindset, always. This will help us scale and it will translate to the interactions that our Rafters have with their clients and other product teams that they integrate with. Our culture will enable our success and set us apart from other companies.
How do we get there?
Public-sector modernization is critical for us to live in a better world. We, at Raft, want to innovate and solve complex problems. And, if we are successful, our generation and the ones that follow us will live in a delightful, efficient, and accessible world where out-of-box thinking, and collaboration is a norm.
Raft’s core philosophy is Ubuntu: I Am, Because We are. We support our “nadi” by elevating the other Rafters. We work as a hyper collaborative team where each team member brings a unique perspective, adding value that did not exist before. People make Raft special. We celebrate each other and our cognitive and cultural diversity. We are devoted to our practice of innovation and collaboration.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Application security Automation AWS Azure CCSP CI/CD CISSP Clearance Cloud Compliance CompTIA Computer Science DAST DevOps DevSecOps Docker DoD DoDD 8570 EDR ELK Encryption GCP Golang IAM IDS IPS Kubernetes Linux NIST Okta Puppet Python SAST Security Clearance SIEM Splunk SSCP System Security Plan Terraform Top Secret TS/SCI Twistlock TypeScript Ubuntu Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs