Lead Engineer - Security
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies -- from startups to public companies -- around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year form Economic Times, #16 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020. Our suite of products has also been recognized by analysts including the Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, IT Service Management and Sales Force Automation.
While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation.
Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
About the Role:
We are seeking a skilled engineer with a strong understanding of security principles to join our team. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that security requirements are integrated into the development process. Your expertise in identifying and mitigating security vulnerabilities will be essential to safeguard our systems and protect customer's sensitive data.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, test, and deploy product security features.
- Implement security best practices, coding standards, and secure coding techniques.
- Conduct code reviews and vulnerability assessments to identify and address security issues.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to integrate security requirements into the development lifecycle.
- Ensure secure development practices are followed throughout the software development process.
- Implement appropriate security controls, such as authentication, authorization, and encryption.
- Stay updated on emerging security threats and vulnerabilities, and provide recommendations for mitigation.
- Collaborate with the incident response team to investigate and respond to security incidents.
- Assist in the development of incident response plans and play an active role in incident management activities.
- Provide security awareness training to development teams to ensure adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Stay informed about the latest security trends, technologies, and best practices, and share knowledge with the team.
- 6 - 11 years experience in building enterprise and/or cloud web application services, including databases, preferably application security development.
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices and familiarity with common vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10).
- Familiarity with security frameworks and standards (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST, PCI DSS).
- Knowledge of secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) methodologies.
- Experience in Static Application Security Testing (SAST) and preferably experienced in Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) too.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate security risks.
- Preferably experienced in Agile methodology in a software product development organization.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Bengaluru Quay - Bagmane … Bengaluru Quay - Bagmane Tech Park (KSDC) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 45K - 84K * USD 45K+ *
Cyber R&R- Cyber Defence and Engineering-Senior Associate-BLR/HYD/KOL/MUMAnalytics Clearance Clearance Required Compliance Cyber defense Forensics +7
Career development Transparency
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs