Engineering Manager, Context Aware Detection and Response
Dallas, TX or Bay Area or Boston, MA or Raleigh, NC
VerilyVerily is an Alphabet precision health company that helps pharma and consumer health companies develop safe, effective treatments faster and enable patients, providers and payors to make better care decisions
Who We Are
Verily is a subsidiary of Alphabet that is using a data-driven approach to change the way people manage their health and the way healthcare is delivered. Launched from Google X in 2015, our purpose is to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day. We are focused on generating and activating data from a variety of sources, including clinical, social, behavioral and the real world, to arrive at the best solutions for a person based on a comprehensive view of the evidence. Our unique expertise and capabilities in technology, data science and healthcare enable the entire healthcare ecosystem to drive better health outcomes.
Verily is growing its Identity, Detection and Response team into an enterprise function requiring an Engineering leader with the skills and vision to achieve a vision of identity driven context aware computing. This role will be a hands-on role to start, with experience in cloud and corporate infrastructure and the ability to manage a team. This position will work closely with cloud, platform and infrastructure engineering teams to enable and maintain a high assurance bar for Verily products. Including: hardening our core cloud infrastructure, identifying and resolving unknown threats and underestimated risks to production, monitoring privileged user activity, providing identity and access management services, or preventing malware across various platforms.
- Lead a workforce identity management to scale workforce identity management and integrate into incident response, detection and monitoring infrastructure.
- Build and acquire security tools and infrastructure to analyze, deploy, and manage security controls across Verily products.
- Discover and quantify unknown threats and risks to Verily’s production and corporate infrastructure.
- Facilitate cross-functional responses to imminent and active threats.
- Work cross functionally with Security Engineers, Software teams and our Foundation Engineering teams to prioritize software development efforts in support of scalable management of security controls for Verily’s operating environments.
- 10+ years experience in information security, software design, tools development.
- 7+ years of experience managing and growing teams; experience leading and growing teams of security, software or site reliability engineers.
- 5+ years experience with cloud infrastructure and services, including common security challenges and/or solutions related to cloud infrastructure and services (GCP, AWS).
- 2+ years experience programming in one or more of the following languages: Go, Rust, Python.
- Experience developing security tools, automation or frameworks.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior exposure to attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in one or more of the following: SOC, EDR, Security monitoring; Operating system internals and hardening; Authentication and access control; secure network design; Web application security; intrusion detection; threat detection engineering.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively across organizational boundaries, building relationships, and importing and exporting ideas to achieve broad organizational goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in healthcare or life science fields.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $217,000 - $323,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Why Join Us
Build What’s Vital.
At Verily, you are a part of something bigger. We are a diverse team of builders innovating at the intersection of health and technology—united by a shared spirit of curiosity, resilience and determination to make better health possible for all. This builder mindset means your fingerprints will be on the work that shapes the future of health.
Fulfilling our precision health purpose starts with the health of our Veeps, which is why we offer flexibility, resources, and competitive benefits to support you in your whole-person well being.
Our culture reflects the behaviors that stem from living our values every day in how we Innovate Healthcare and Technology, Gain Velocity as One Verily, and Respect Individuals. As One Verily, we uphold our collective accountability to sustain this culture and to create a VIBE (Verily’s Culture of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equitability) where all Veeps feel included, a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to grow.
If this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.
More jobs like this
New York City New York City Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 289K - 353K USD 289K+
Federal Reserve System
Program Director, Cybersecurity Risk and PolicyBanking Clearance Compliance Privacy Security Clearance Strategy
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +5
San Francisco, CA, United … San Francisco, CA, United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 269K - 329K USD 269K+
Head of Compliance, Emerging BusinessesAnalytics Banking Blockchain C Compliance Crypto +4
Career development Equity Flex hours Flexible spending account Flex vacation +7
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 48K - 90K * USD 48K+ *
Insider Threat Director - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAnalytics Compliance Governance Incident response Monitoring Risk assessment +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs