Associate Cybersecurity Analyst, New College Grad
Austin, TX, United States
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa's Cybersecurity team provides enterprise-wide, risk-based cybersecurity policies, practices, and solutions to protect Visa’s systems and data from internal and external threats. To protect Visa’s assets in this dynamic threat landscape, they are deploying new cyber-security tools, collaborating across industries, and taking a proactive approach to monitoring the cyberspace beyond the Visa network.
The Associate Cybersecurity Analyst will work as a member of Visa Cybersecurity’s Ethical Hacking (Penetration Testing) program. The objective of Visa’s Penetration Testing program is to proactively identify weaknesses and shortcomings in Visa’s security posture and recommend necessary controls/procedures to protect Visa from adversarial threats. With this mission in mind, Visa’s Ethical Hacking Team experts are proactively involved in engagements that simulate adversarial threats and attacks in a timely manner.
The Associate Cybersecurity Analyst will be a key contributor for performing internal and external penetration tests of Visa applications and systems. Penetration Test team members also help with design, development, and recommendation of security solutions to protect Visa proprietary/confidential data and systems. The candidate will also assist with compliance objectives, provide guidance/direction for the logical protection of information systems assets to other functional units, prepare reports regarding effectiveness of information security adherence, and make recommendations for the adoption of new policies and procedures for Visa services.
- Conduct high risk and sensitive penetration tests of internally and externally hosted applications globally according to scope defined by the penetration test team
- Subject matter expertise in web application, API, or network penetration testing
- Proactively research/identify vulnerabilities and provide recommended countermeasures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level
- Review results of network and application penetration tests in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation/mitigations
- Develop and automate scripts, tools and resources needed to advance ethical hacking capabilities around new and emerging technologies like mobile, cloud and embedded systems
- Active involvement in security research around new and emerging technologies
- Less than 2 years relevant work experience with either Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating January 2023 - August 2024
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 web application and network vulnerabilities
- Understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography (SSL, AES, etc.)
- Understanding and experience in using CVSSv3.0/3.1
- Proficiency in one or more scripting language – Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages like Java, C, C++, Ruby, etc.
- Expertise and experience in web application or API penetration testing is a plus
- Understanding of OSI and TCP stack with emphasis on computer architecture and networking protocols
- Knowledge of web application technologies and layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, etc.
- Good understanding of networking concepts around Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environment
- Familiarity with security tools & frameworks like Burp Suite Professional, Nmap, Nessus, Kali is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary for a new hire into this position is $88,000, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
More jobs like this
RICHLAND, WA - Remote RICHLAND, WA - Remote Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 35K - 65K * USD 35K+ *
North Wind Group
Vulnerability Remediation Analyst II 03115 NWSOLCISA Clearance IT infrastructure Security Clearance Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +1
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs