Senior Embedded Systems Security Engineer
Abu Dhabi, AE
CENSUS is an internationally acclaimed Cybersecurity services provider. We support the needs of multiple industries, providing IT and OT security services to public and private organizations around the world, ranging from financial institutions and critical infrastructure to automotive and secure communications, including Fortune 500 companies. Powered by cutting-edge research, scientific analysis and in-depth engineering experience across various industries & technologies, CENSUS delivers unparalleled security consulting & assessment services for products (software, services, devices, and large-scale platforms), infrastructure, and organizations.
Learn more about CENSUS at census-labs.com.
About the Job / Key Responsibilities
CENSUS’ bespoke cybersecurity services are built upon a talented pool of Security Engineers, whose role extends beyond mere adherence to industry best practices. Under the management and mentorship of our Technical Leads and Technical Project Managers, our Senior Security Engineers are entrusted with assessing the completeness and maturity of an extensive range of cybersecurity products and features. Along with capturing defects and inefficiencies, in-depth mitigation strategies are explored, presented, and re-evaluated post their integration, in a highly agile and adaptive service delivery model.
We are looking for talented & ambitious professionals to grow our Product Security Professional Services team and join our ongoing mission to deliver in-depth and top-tier cybersecurity services to our valued clients. As part of this role, you will use your knowledge and experience - in the Embedded Systems Security domain – to execute design reviews, implementation assessments and mitigation consulting activities scoped across products of various industries. You will work side-by-side with our clients’ development and security teams & partners, under engagements / projects that involve:
- Reviewing product security designs, documenting missing security controls, and driving analysis for security improvements.
- Executing and reviewing threat modelling, attack surface enumeration and attack tree creation activities for embedded system products.
- Researching, reviewing, comparing, and proposing technologies that can satisfy the client’s established requirements, and aligning with their strategies.
- Executing end-to-end security posture assessments via source code auditing, functional testing, fuzz testing and other applicable methodologies.
- Verifying if output implementation is aligned with the products’ security architecture, requirements, and threat model.
- Documenting and presenting product security risks in both technical- and business-oriented language.
- Support a small team (2-3) of security engineers and consultants to successfully assess and research bleeding edge technologies and products.
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in embedded, general- or special-purpose computer system-level software security. Experience can be an engineering / development position (e.g., consumer or enterprise), an engineering-based consultancy role, an equivalent engineering-based role, or a combination of them.
- Proven experience in developing, auditing, or testing security solutions for embedded, IoT, general computing or mobile / smartphone systems.
- Experience with Embedded Systems, Linux, or Real Time Operating systems security concepts.
- Experience with reviewing and researching system security architecture and engaged technologies.
- Experience with ARM architecture and techniques to debug software running on these platforms.
- Experience with C, C++, Rust, or Assembly (ARM) programming languages in the context of system software (bootloaders, drivers, kernel, system services, etc.).
- Experience with secure boot, firmware & software integrity, OTA updates, and hardware-backed device attestation technologies.
- Experience with cryptographic primitives and cryptographic best practices in the context of system security (inline crypto engines, storage encryption, attestation, HW key rooting, derivation, wrapping/unwrapping, etc.).
- Experience in identifying and reporting security vulnerabilities on system software (memory corruption, side-channel attacks, business logic, etc.).
- Familiarity with HW-backed security features for system hardening and security domains / trust-boundaries separation (MPU, MMU/IOMMU, NX, DAC/MAC, stack canaries, securing heap allocators, etc.).
- Familiarity with TEE, TPM, SE, SPU, and other related technologies to isolate execution of security critical operations.
- Experience of working with international teams in other regions and time zones worldwide.
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking, and willingness to learn/grow.
- Proficient in English and excellent communication skills.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs