\Senior Assistant General Counsel, Product Security
MTI - WASHINGTON DC - 25 Mass - Office
Micron TechnologyMicron is a world leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. View our product portfolio, discover solutions, read industry updates and more.
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
Overview: Seeking a seasoned attorney to provide embedded legal support for Micron’s product security programs across the entire lifecycle of its products and technologies (from security-by-design to product development to customer qualifications to post-sales support), as well as across the entirety of its global operations (from supply chain to manufacturing operations to distribution networks). The product security attorney will act as the central point of contact within the Micron Legal department on a wide-range of regulatory, compliance and governance matters related to product security, and will support our business units and engineering groups on various product security related matters in commercial engagements with customers and suppliers. The attorney will embed with our engineering and product management teams, collaborate with subject matter experts, partner with cybersecurity-related teams, and work closely with the privacy, IP, trade compliance and other members of the Micron Legal department to provide coordinated and integrated support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Help facilitate continued execution of Micron’s best-in-class product security processes and standards.
Act as the central point of contact within the legal team for product security-related activities and matters.
Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to continuously improve and provide relevant training focused on product development and post-qualification product support, and to further drive best-in-class, uniform execution of cybersecurity-related initiatives across Micron’s engineering groups and business units.
Maintain subject matter expertise with respect to applicable global cybersecurity laws and regulations, as well as potentially relevant industry specifications and standards, and provide expert legal guidance on future developments relative to potential new initiatives, laws, regulations, specifications and standards.
Provide support for product development teams pursuing security-related certifications and responding to cybersecurity-related aspects of customer audits/requests.
Assist on matters related to product security incident responses, potential product vulnerabilities and secure development lifecycle.
Support product end of life and end of service issues.
Support negotiations with customers and suppliers related to product and information security.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
JD degree or equivalent.
A minimum of 4 years of proven experience as a product security attorney; relevant in-house experience with a in a large, complex organization or high-tech corporate environment
Experienced in embedding inside R&D teams and providing early risk management guidance and advice
Familiar with product-related regulatory compliance requirements
Experienced with compliance and regulatory requirements
Proven expertise in advising business clients regarding cybersecurity issues, and a dedication to developing solutions for business clients
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn about your right to work click here.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs