Detection and Response Analyst
VA Arlington 22203
Rapid7Accelerate cloud transformation with practitioner-first cybersecurity solutions. Level up SecOps capabilities with MDR, XDR, SIEM, threat intel, and VM.
Detection and Response Analyst - MDR
We are looking for SOC Analysts with a passion for cybersecurity to join us. As a Detection and Response Analyst you will work with Rapid7’s advanced tools to investigate and triage high priority security events.
About the Team
Rapid7’s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) team is built from the ground up to bring motivated and passionate security talent face to face with emerging threats, practical challenges, and evil at scale. Our MDR service uses an impact-driven mindset to focus efforts on effective solutions, encouraging personal and technical innovation within the SOC. MDR provides 24/7/365 monitoring, threat hunting, incident response, and more with a focus on endpoint detection and behavioral intelligence.
About the Role
As a Detection and Response Analyst in Rapid7’s SOC, you will be responsible for identifying and analyzing malicious activity in a multitude of customer environments. You will be enabled to complete investigation scaling in complexity from simple account compromises and commodity malware infections, to complex web server compromises and zero-day vulnerability exploitation. Your Customer Advisor colleagues will be responsible for direct communication with the customers, enabling you to dedicate your efforts to analysis. Your fellow analyst colleagues will be available to answer questions, provide guidance, and assist you in investigations if you need help.
In this role, you will:
Utilize Rapid7’s world-class software and threat intelligence to identify potential compromises in customer environments.
Conduct investigations into a variety of malicious activity on workstations, servers, and in the cloud.
Write an Incident Report for each investigation you complete, which follows MITRE’s ATT&CK Framework and includes your own forensic, malware, and root-cause analysis.
Communicate with Customer Advisors regarding investigation findings, Requests For Information from clients, and remediation and mitigation recommendations.
Communicate with other analysts to share new intelligence regarding tactics, techniques, and trends utilized by threat actors.
Provide continuous input to Rapid7’s Threat Intelligence and Detection Engineering team regarding new detection opportunities.
The skills you’ll bring include:
Understanding of core operating system concepts in Windows, MacOS/Darwin, and Linux. This includes at least a basic understanding of common internal system tools and directory structures.
A fundamental understanding of how threat actors utilize tactics such as lateral movement, privilege escalation, defense evasion, persistence, command and control, and exfiltration.
Practical experience gained through CTF and HTB challenges, as well as personal or professional usage of common penetration testing tools such as Mimikatz, Metasploit modules, BloodHound, etc.
Experience with hands-on analysis of forensic artifacts and/or malware samples.
Passion for continuous learning and growth in the cybersecurity world.
Effective collaboration within the SOC and between departments.
Dedication to putting each customer’s needs and concerns at the forefront of all decision making.
We know that the best ideas and solutions come from multi-dimensional teams. That’s because these teams reflect a variety of backgrounds and professional experiences. If you are excited about this role and feel your experience can make an impact, please don’t be shy - apply today.
At Rapid7, we are on a mission to create a secure digital world for our customers, our industry, and our communities. We do this by embracing tenacity, passion, and collaboration to challenge what’s possible and drive extraordinary impact.
Here, we’re building a dynamic workplace where everyone can have the career experience of a lifetime. We challenge ourselves to grow to our full potential. We learn from our missteps and celebrate our victories. We come to work every day to push boundaries in cybersecurity and keep our 10,000 global customers ahead of whatever’s next.
Join us and bring your unique experiences and perspectives to tackle some of the world’s biggest security challenges.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs