Extended Expertise Consultant - Prisma Cloud Professional Services
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
As a Professional Services Engineer, you’ll get into the details of our platform. You will push the buttons, flip the levers, turn the knobs. You do not shy away from difficult challenges as it relates to cybersecurity, implementations, and integrations. You are the technical authority and will interact directly with our customers to help them secure their digital environments. The customers are counting on you to perform this work and train their staff. And while experience on the company’s platform is desired, even more important is having a solid foundation in networking and security technologies. In fact, extensive experience with a competitor’s technology can play to your advantage. Many of the opportunities involve a client migrating to our platform for the first time, so understanding the nuances of that technology will enable you to be a better Palo Alto Networks consultant. And don't worry, we will send you to our Professional Services Academy to prepare you for the role, so you are experienced with our suite of services and products before you first meet the customer.
- Design and Integrate/deploy Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security (Prisma) solutions into the customer’s environment in either public cloud (AWS/AZURE/GPC) or private cloud (Kubernetes, Openstack) environments
- Be at the forefront of all Palo Alto Networks Cloud security technologies
- Build custom security policies and application signatures, configured for our client’s needs
- Migrate customers from legacy firewall technologies to Palo Alto Networks platforms
- Progress and uphold expertise in deploying advanced Palo Alto Networks features and functionality
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities Analyze logs and events from the solution to perform initial troubleshooting and issue identification
- Work with our Technical Assistance Center to troubleshoot and diagnose support cases
- Maintain the Company's solution and provide mentorship on code upgrades and best practices
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables and scope
- Travel (50-60%) to customer site deploying our solutions as outlined by the unique Statement of Work
- Experience with network, security solutions, and technologies leading security solutions in large environments
- Extensive hands-on experience with delivering infrastructure solutions and related security aspects in Public / Private / Hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience with troubleshooting skills related to cloud technology such as orchestration, provisioning, work load balancing and auto scaling scenarios
- Experience with troubleshooting skills related to networking, routing, IP, NAT, IPSEC VPNs and knowledge of how these interact with applications and users
- Experience with installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally with Palo Alto Networks products
- Possess one of more of the following industry certifications - CISSP, CNSE, JNCIE-SEC, CCSE, CCSM, PCNSE, RHCSA, CKA, GCP PCSE, AWS CS
- Effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
- An excellent writer, with strong verbal social skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate to senior leaders, technical peers, and non-technical partners
- Ability to work with the customers security & network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change with the addition Palo Alto Networks
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs