Senior Manager, Security Engineering
USA - Arizona, Tempe
GenGen is a global leader in cybersecurity. Explore our trusted consumer brands including Norton, Avast, LifeLock, Avira, AVG, ReputationDefender, and CCleaner.
Gen is a global company powering Digital Freedom through consumer brands including Norton, Avast, LifeLock, Avira, AVG, ReputationDefender, and CCleaner. Our combined heritage is rooted in providing safety for the first digital generations. We bring leading technology solutions in cybersecurity, privacy and identity protection to more than 500 million users in 150 countries so they can live their digital lives safely, privately, and confidently today and for generations to come. We're always looking for smart, fearless, and dedicated people. Together, we have collective passion and a big vision to power Digital Freedom by protecting consumers and giving them control of their digital lives.
When you’re a part of Gen, you are provided access to a range of resources and support to ensure you can do your best work and live your best life. This includes flexible working options with generous time off and competitive benefits & compensation packages.
Diversity is foundational to how we do business because we know the greatest ideas and results come from our unique perspectives and differences. We strive to create a safe, inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. Team members are valued, respected, and celebrated for who they are in a meaningful and exciting atmosphere. Gen is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs.
If this sounds like you—Gen has a dynamic, supportive culture with core values that celebrate diversity, promote teamwork, and encourage every team member to contribute and grow—join us!
About the role:
The Global Cyber Security (GCS) Senior Manager position is a working leadership role that will help drive strategy and standards, and advance the organization’s goal of building security at the foundation. You will lead a team of security engineers that work on security tools, platforms, and technologies that support Gen information security. You will partner across the Gen enterprise to drive the centralization of security tooling and processes. You will also exercise your technical skills by applying scientific, data-driven, secure principles to design, build, and maintain scalable technology products and services that meet Gen’s strategic goals. This role will influence the direction and technology decisions for the enterprise.
What you will do in this role:
- Establish and manage the security tooling and architecture associated with our security controls, including logging, endpoint protection, encryption, and certificate management.
- Serve as a key participant in establishing the overall information security strategy and responsible for the security engineering strategy.
- Support security leadership in establishing a baseline maturity level for the team and define and drive a roadmap to continuously improve upon that maturity.
- Manage the technical implementation and maintenance of security products and tools.
- Manage and develop a team of engineers to reach a higher level of operational maturity, set clear expectations, monitor and track to identify gaps, and make timely adjustments as needed.
- Provide people leadership and technical governance in the design, development, support, and implementation of applications.
- Provide scope and prioritization on work assignments.
- Demonstrate bias towards action, sustainable process for engineering operation, and agile methodology.
- Interact with the business and partner teams to gather requirements, conduct analysis, and define design.
- Develop near-term, mid-term, and long-term roadmaps for applications.
- Use skilled judgment in ensuring risk mitigation, effectively prioritize urgent vs. important tasks, minimize ad-hoc tasks by creating repeatable processes and escalate appropriately to inform leadership of any issues.
- Assess security capabilities and gaps and recommend remedial actions or solutions that are consistent with regulatory and legal requirements as well as industry best practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practices and latest available tools and products, and capable of evaluating off-the-shelf products to create solutions.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- A minimum of 8+ years of job-related experience in a security or technology field, with a preference to leadership in a security engineering role.
- Courage to readily tackle tough assignments
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Proven experience effectively working through uncertainty and change
- Strong partnership and relationship development with excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- High-level understanding of a broad range of security topics, and a passion for creating a secure experience for our customers
- Ability to empower the team to be accountable for decisions through clear definition of boundaries/areas of ownership
- Experience fostering a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback and goals/metrics
- Ability to make and influence decisions critical to Gen’s success through networks and long-term strategic relationships developed across all levels
Gen is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Gen strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider employment-qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
Gen complies with all anti-discrimination laws.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs