Information System Security Engineer
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated, mid-level Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) looking for hands-on experience and an opportunity for career growth. This role is in support of multiple, customer systems involving Microsoft, Linux, and virtualized services running on Azure Stack Hub. Working as part of a team, the ideal candidate will facilitate compliance with NIST’s Risk Management Framework, SP 800-53 security controls, and DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- 5 years of experience configuring and securing systems to achieve compliance with security requirements (Controls, STIGs)
- 2 years of experience conducting Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities using Risk Management Framework (RMF) across all 6 steps
- Develop and maintain bodies of evidence (BOE) for managed information systems, custom applications, services, and networks
- Identify, Select, and Implement applicable security controls for various operating systems and applications IAW NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework
- Conduct Security Impact Analyses (SIA) on system change requests
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Nessus/ACAS, HBSS/McAfee ePo, and Splunk
- Understanding of classified networks, systems, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Possess and maintain DoD 8570.1 IAT/IAM Level 3 Certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or comparable
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or equivalent IT certified experience in lieu of a degree
- Able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to translate technical concepts to semi-technical clients
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team based, cross-functional environment
- Active Top Secret clearance, with SCI eligibility
- TS/SCI preferred
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs