Lead Security Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are seeking a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer to support the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). DOE is responsible for the protection of vital national security information and technologies, representing intellectual property of incalculable value throughout nearly thirty sites and laboratories nationwide. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
What You'll Do
- Lead or participate in an Integrated Product Team review to ensure security architecture integration
- Apply/integrate cybersecurity engineering principles into infrastructure planning, design, and deployment
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, security architectures and design solutions
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Nonrepudiation, and Availability), Basic Information Assurance mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability) and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Work with a variety of cyber defense and IT network tools such as: FireEye Email and Network Security, Cisco Sourcefire/Firepower, Palo Alto firewalls, Snort, Bro, SolarWinds, and RedSeal
- Test, implement, deploy, and operate, the infrastructure hardware and software which are required to effectively manage the organization’s cyber security operational services
- Install operate maintain cybersecurity systems, tools, and integrate data from sources
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are secure and compatible with the defined system architectures
- Learn or apply existing scripting concepts and work API integration using PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Java, etc.
Education + Experience
- BA or BS degree and 14 years of experience in a professional work environment or MA, MS, or MBA degree and 12 years of experience in a professional work environment.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with leading cybersecurity or IT teams.
- Experience with deploying, maintaining, or integrating using cybersecurity tools, including Splunk, Elastic, Cisco FirePower, FireEye NX, Tanium, or Cylance.
- Knowledge of security architecture design and integration.
- Ability to integrate cybersecurity engineering principles into infrastructure planning, design, and deployment.
- Ability to meet schedule, performance, and quality within the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- One or more preferred – GCIH, GCFE, RHCE, CPTE, or CEH
- This position will require U.S citizenship and a DOE Q Clearance / DOD Top Secret clearance; current SCI is desired. Must have had a valid investigation within last 5 years
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allow for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance work-life balance and flexibility, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs