Staff Product Security Engineer, CartaX
San Francisco, California, United States
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will work with one of the most exciting startup businesses in the world: CartaX. Our mission is to remove restrictions on when and how employee's of pre-IPO companies have access to liquidity.The CartaX team is responsible for building a private stock market from the ground up that allows employees and early investors to trade their shares of pre-IPO companies. CartaX is the world’s first vertically integrated financial marketplace for private assets and we’ve just started. The CartaX team is composed of experts in building and operating marketplaces and brokerages, as well as a diverse set of team members with backgrounds in capital markets and SaaS platforms.
The security team is responsible for building security policies for a greenfield marketplace that operates in a heavily regulated environment. The security team ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CartaX’s systems and data. This person will lead the design and implementation of security features from network, application, infrastructure and corporate perspectives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
In this role you will have an impact on the overall trajectory of the company. You will take a business focused approach to securing Carta’s next generation Fintech product line (CartaX). As a security leader overseeing security incident detection and response (IDR) and associated engineering efforts for CartaX, you will report to VP, Security and help build and grow the security organization.
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- Build and lead the security incident, detection and response (IDR) function for CartaX
- Build, maintain and scale the infrastructure to run IDR function
- Own the security engineering roadmap for the IDR team and lead the related projects.
- Implement and direct programs for the identification, reporting, and remediation of security concerns throughout CartaX
- Hire, mentor and grow security engineers to meet the needs of the growing organization
- Support regulatory and compliance initiatives related to incident detection and response.
- Lead and provide technical oversight for high severity incidents
- Support routine regulatory and compliance audit initiatives related to security incident detection and response.
You have demonstrated experience in building, leading and executing incident response, threat hunting, or similar functions. Proven experience in building cloud-native security operations infrastructure. You’ve defined operational metrics, key performance indicators, and service level objectives to assure the team achieves operational excellence. You have experience in leading highly sensitive, complex incidents and investigations to resolution.
Most importantly you're excited to work on a product that will fundamentally change the way private companies view liquidity, going public and how employees exercise their options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs