Remote Canada, Remote UK, Remote Ireland, Remote Germany
CircleCI is looking for an experienced full stack developer to be a part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day.
Our Security Engineering team is a highly-distributed team that’s building a paved security path so our group of over 200 engineers can ensure our infrastructure provides value to our customers. In this role, you'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning.
Engineering at CircleCI is Remote First
Being remote-first, we foster a culture that is inclusive of remote workers while allowing everyone to be the most productive. Read more about our remote-first culture here.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in on-call incident response rotation
- Work with your peers on the Security team to develop an understanding of security issues facing the organization
- Respond to reports from security researchers and help coordinate remediation efforts
- Help assist in tracking and prioritizing security projects
- Work with other engineers to help build and implement tooling and processes to assist all of engineering in the creation of secure & robust software
- Participate in particularly sensitive code reviews across the engineering organization, in multiple languages
We’re seeking someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouragement.
Process makes you feel good. Mentoring is a primary reason why you love this profession. Learning something new every day is important to your happiness. You are conscientious and genuinely like people.
Below you can find a list of skills and practices we value in candidates - you don’t need to be experienced in all of them to apply:
- Security approach
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Calm under high-pressure situations
- Experience writing code and solving problems with it
- Web penetration testing and OWASP Top 10 experience
- Experience working in a modern cloud company with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and GCP
- A willingness to learn Clojure and new languages
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through good testing practices
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs