Cyber Research & Development-SME
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Seeking an experienced Zero Trust SME for our client’s operational requirements on a mission focused program within a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Maryland area.
- Translating cybersecurity needs and capabilities into requirements and detailed technical solutions.
- Analyzing IC, USG, and industry cybersecurity best practices in order to identify gaps and improvement opportunities of IC Cybersecurit requirements.
- Developing and publishing baseline security requirements for Services of Common Concern and other common enterprise services to ensure capabilities are in compliance with USG and IC cybersecurity directives and policies; are in alignment with published strategies and architectures; and are interoperable.
- Developing security requirements and constraints for the IC IE to provide input to foundational technical documents, including but not limited to, program architectural artifacts, business cases, and concept of operations.
- Conducting critical path analysis, risk analysis, and task dependency analysis.
- Providing, coordinating, and ensuring the inclusion of prioritized cybersecurity artifacts (i.e., policy, architecture, technical specifications, and design patterns) into the IC Enterprise Standards Baseline (IC ESB).
- Developing assessment criteria (metrics, measures, key performance indicators) for security requirements and implementation guideline.
- Assisting service providers' and partners in complying with USG and IC cybersecurity directives and policies.
- Coordinating involvement in and participating in IC and National-level cybersecurity exercises. The contractor shall provide post exercise analysis and recommendations on how to address exercise key findings.
- Participating in external cybersecurity and data protection related governance, policy, and standards bodies (i.e., CNSS, NIST, DoD, and DHS) and providing written summary reports and recommendations for follow on actions if needed.
- Evaluating existing and emerging technologies and recommend strategies to support mission requirements.
- Developing concepts of operations for deploying and integrating security solutions, managing risk, reducing vulnerabilities, and ensuring successful implementation.
- Developing and publishing baseline security requirements to ensure IT capabilities are in compliance with USG and IC cybersecurity directives and policies.
Experience in Cyber Security, position level based on experience in the technical area.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Zero-Trust implementation strategies, enterprise network architecture/designs, enterprise security architecture, computer network defense in the finality of technical work.
- A firm understanding of Zero Trust concepts, capabilities, strategies, and metrics.
- Perform assessments of existing technologies and make recommendations on best practices for ZTA components.
- Min 5 year working with or in the IC.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- TS/SCI w/Poly Required
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Federal Employment Suitability
- E-Verify Eligibility Required*
ASG is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
*ASG participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their social security numbers.
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Referral program
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA, VA, McLean (8283 … USA, VA, McLean (8283 Greensboro Dr, Hamilton) Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 52K - 119K USD 52K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Open Source Research and Strategy Consultant, MidAnalytics Clearance Open Source Polygraph Risk assessment Strategy +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs