Senior Security Researcher - Singapore
ZscalerZscaler is the leader in cybersecurity and zero trust digital transformation. Transform your IT and security needs with the best CASB and SASE solutions.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
About the team
The Senior Security Researcher - APT Research will report to the Senior Manager - APT research. The security researcher will be primarily responsible for tracking the activities of advanced persistent threat groups, collecting actionable intelligence, performing threat hunting activities leveraging Zscaler cloud and OSINT. The researcher will also be involved in publishing the latest research in the form of blogs, whitepapers and conference talks.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
* Analyze targeted attack threats such as advanced persistent threat (APT) groups
* Write detailed reports for each advanced persistent threat group and keep it up-to-date with actionable intelligence and indicators of compromise (IOCs)
* Write threat hunting signatures to discover new instances in Zscaler cloud and OSINT
* Work on internal automation projects and build tools to aid in threat hunting activities
* Malware, exploits and infection chain research to ensure detection
* Write blog posts and whitepapers related to advanced threat analysis
* 5 to 9 years of experience in Security Research, Threat intelligence and Threat hunting
* Strong reverse engineering skills especially on Windows and Android platforms (bonus)
* Strong understanding of tools, tactics and procedures (TTPs) of advanced persistent threat (APT) groups
* Experience with OSINT threat intel hunting with focus on targeted attacks
* Experience with Malware analysis - Dynamic & Static, Tools like – IDA Pro, Ollydbg, x64dbg, windbg etc.
* Programming: Good fundamentals and ability to implement ideas into code (C, Python, etc.)
* Strong understanding of web protocols and web application security (must have)
* Experience writing IDS/IPS, YARA signatures
* Experience in research blogs and/or speaking engagements
* Bachelor’s or graduate degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Android Application security APT Audits Automation C Cloud Compliance Computer Science Exploits IDS IPS Malware OllyDbg OSINT Privacy Python Reverse engineering Threat intelligence TTPs WinDbg Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs