Cloud Cybersecurity SME
United States - Remote
**Applicants must have an Active Top Secret Clearance**
The Cloud Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) serves as a cybersecurity and RMF expert within the Cloud technical domain and acts as a senior advisor to government cybersecurity and program leadership.
Avint LLC is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cloud Cybersecurity SME to join our team to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career with Avint.
- Maintain the overall security posture of the systems within their area of responsibility.
- Assist in the development and streamlining of the organization’s cybersecurity program including cybersecurity architecture, requirements, objectives and policies, and cybersecurity processes and procedures.
- Support implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to ensure compliance with cybersecurity policies.
- Support the system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) effort, to include assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks, and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and Air Force policies (i.e., RMF).
- Assist in the development and enhancement of a common controls program to provide inheritability evidence to systems hosted in the environment.
- Maintain and report cloud technology systems assessment and authorization status and issues in accordance with DoD Component guidance.
- Provide direction and oversight to lower-level cybersecurity staff to ensure they are following established cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the organization's security manager to ensure issues affecting the organization's overall security are addressed appropriately.
- Ensure that Information Owners (IOs) and stewards associated with DoD information received, processed, stored, displayed, or transmitted on each DoD IS system are identified in order to establish accountability, access approvals, and special handling requirements.
- Maintain a repository for all organizational or system-level cybersecurity-related documentation.
- Monitor compliance with cybersecurity policy, as appropriate, and review the results of such monitoring.
- Ensure that cybersecurity inspections, tests, and reviews are synchronized and coordinated with affected parties and organizations.
- Ensure implementation of IS security measures and procedures including reporting incidents to the AO and appropriate reporting chains and coordinating system-level responses to unauthorized disclosures.
- Prepare and record system security information into appropriate cybersecurity repository as required by authorizing official and program office (eMASS, etc.).
- Author, review, certify, and/or maintain information awareness (IA) and security management plans to include RMF Implementation Plans, System Security Management Plans, Information Support Plans, Program Protection Plans (PPPs), Security Risk Analyses, Security Vulnerability and Countermeasure Analyses.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- DoD 8570 compliant IAM level III certification
- 15 years of experience, of which 5 must be in the DoD
- Expert knowledge of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and supporting industry publications and standards
- Expert knowledge of cybersecurity products, tools, and applications
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to present complex ideas in succinct yet effective ways both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize work, build project plans, resource plans, and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with clients, peers, and staff
- Serves as Career Manager responsible for performance management and professional development of lower levels
- Proactively leads teams in the execution of complex tasks with minimal direction and produces high quality results -- free of errors
- Leads working sessions to solicit ideas and develop innovative solutions
- Promotes collaboration across functional teams
- Develops and presents highly professional presentations, complex ideas, solutions and innovations to clients and Avint Leadership
- Serves as an Avint brand ambassador
- Always embodies Avint's core values
- Significantly contributes to growth initiatives
Joining Avint is a win-win proposition! You will feel the personal touch of a small business and receive BIG business benefits. From competitive salaries, full health, and generous PTO and Federal Holidays. Additionally, we encourage every Avint employee to further their professional development. To assist you in achieving your goals, we offer reimbursement for courses, exams, and tuition. Interested in a class, conference, program, or degree? Avint will invest in YOU and your professional development!
Avint is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs