eDiscovery Specialist (Digital Forensics)
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
Purpose of This Job:
The eDiscovery Specialist will be part of the Security team and will be assigned to directly support the legal department in managing and executing on electronic discovery requests and data processing / extraction and normalization projects for all legal matters. The ideal candidate will have significant prior experience in litigation support and eDiscovery, as well as computer and mobile forensic analysis.
- Collection and processing of Electronic Stored Information (ESI) from servers, laptops, mobile devices, mailboxes, cloud storage and other data sources using industry standard tools.
- Administration and maintenance of in-house eDiscovery tools and vendors, while assisting in day-to-day troubleshooting of technical issues with these tools.
- Assist in testing new applications and structuring of data sources to ensure compliance with eDiscovery requirements and rapid access to such data as required.
- In partnership with the Legal team, manage and prioritize multiple eDiscovery projects and matters, coordinating with internal and external counsel to ensure deadlines and priorities are met.
- Interact with our systems engineers, key business personnel and other employees who may not possess an extensive technical background in order to assist in remote or targeted local ESI collections.
- Manage data on legal hold, document and maintain chain of custody, ensuring compliance with retention policies and audit requirements.
- Support the assessment of new applications and data sources to ensure technical eDiscovery requirements are identified and fulfilled.
Skills, Traits & Competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in eDiscovery, litigation support and forensic analysis.
- In depth knowledge of various operating systems and information security concepts.
- Experience with write blockers and other forensic hardware, related collection techniques and forensic software suites.
- Experience using and troubleshooting legal hold and case collection tools both on premise and in the cloud.
- Experience using, deploying, and maintaining physical, local, and remote acquisition tools across multiple operating systems.
- Works independently to provide eDiscovery and forensic support for simple and complex investigations.
- Can create comprehensive, articulate and detailed formal forensic analysis reports providing insight in a clear concise manner to non-technical audiences.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all aspects of projects relating to tracking, specifications, systems data maps and chain of custody related to litigation issues.
- Ability to communicate with all levels and motivate others to keep projects advancing.
- Assist in developing and maintaining best practices and workflow procedures for the department.
- Demonstrate a robust understanding of electronic discovery and the legal hold process.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs