Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Denver, Colorado, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to support our U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) customer. DoE is responsible for the protection of vital national security information and technologies, representing intellectual property of incalculable value throughout nearly thirty sites and laboratories nationwide. This position is based in Denver, CO.
What You'll Do
- Support the day-to-day system security operations to ensure that operational security is maintained.
- Work with ISSM/CISO to determine security control alternatives, conduct security controls testing, and review network scans using ACAS/Nessus/Tenable to determine abnormalities.
- Leverage eGRC tools such as RSA Archer, Telos Xacta 365, DOD VMS/eMASS or similar.
- Support system or risk assessments or accreditations in accordance with ICD 503, NIST 800-53, or the Risk Management Framework NIST 800-37 Rev. 2.
- Create and maintain Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation: Software/Hardware Inventory, Network diagrams, INFOSEC Policies and Procedures, Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, and Configuration Management Plans, SCTM, SAR and RAR.
- Capture and refine information security requirements for new systems or for enhanced functionality on existing system and ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Assist with assessing Information Assurance long term needs and acquisition requirements
Implement information security standards and procedures.
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
Education + Experience
- 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- BA or BS degree.
- Exposure to federal government IT risk management suites.
- Experience reporting IT security events or incidents based on policies and procedures.
- Experience with supporting system security and authorization processes.
- Experience with NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, or Intelligence Community Directive 503 requirements
- Exposure to federal government IT risk management suites.
- Experience providing regulatory and organizational performance reports; communicating system status and user behavior analytics to include Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms).
- Ability to understand and learn the technical specifications, system requirements and other application design information as needed to meet customer mandates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or a related field.
- Meet or exceed DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP. If no certifications are held they must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- CISSP, CISA, CISM are a plus.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and a DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance; current SCI desired. Must have had a valid investigation within last 5 years.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service oriented and mission focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time (W-2) employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Monthly Payroll
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs