Head of Cyber Defense (m/f/d)
METRO/MAKROMETRO is a partner of many small and mid-sized independent companies. Their success is our business. The group is headed by METRO AG, which acts as the central management holding company.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the trade sector or will you bring in your passion for the same while developing further personally and professionally? Look no further than METRO! As a leading international food wholesaler, we specialize in meeting the unique needs of hotels, restaurants, caterers, and independent traders. With around 17 million customers worldwide, our multichannel approach allows for easy purchasing both in-store, via online order and via delivery – all digitally connected. We operate in over 30 countries, employing more than 93,000 people globally, and our sales reached €29.8 billion in the most recent financial year, aiming to continue our journey of successful growth.
Join us in developing and strengthening an entire department and transforming cybersecurity capabilities on a global scale. If you're committed to making a real impact in the field of Cyber Security, you can #ShapeTheM with us.
Besides an interesting professional environment, we offer you a culture that wants you to thrive and allows to learn from each other:
- We try together, we stumble together, we get up together and shape our future. Be part of our transformation, build cross-functional capabilities and discover new ways of excelling in the Cyber Security field.
- We create impact in the world of food and offer comfort for our customers worldwide. To achieve this, we build capabilities to be the cyber-resilient omni-channel wholesaler.
- We invite you to take on responsibility, make our company your company and create a business together that remains true to its roots but always seeks new solutions.
- Together, we CARRY the M, we GROW the M, we INSPIRE the M, we SHAPE the M.
The purpose of that role:
This role is dedicated to transforming traditional security operations into dynamic cyber defense capabilities driven by evolving threats. The aim is to translate the Information Security Strategy into tailored Cyber Defense capabilities that safeguard METRO's operations and data. In this capacity, you will collaborate closely with METRO GROUP's IT and Information Security community to understand their business and compliance needs and continuously enhance our Cyber Defense capabilities. Additionally, you'll implement automation and orchestration for incident response and lead the development of capabilities for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating threat intelligence. In addition you will be leading a team of 9 employees.
- Establish and oversee the detection, analysis, and response to security incidents and breaches to ensure a timely resolution of security incidents.
- Select, manage, and maintain security technologies used within the CDC. This involves ensuring these tools are properly implemented, integrated, and effective.
- Select and manage MSSPs and ensure / continuously improve service delivery quality.
- Monitor CDC performance and effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and implement enhancements to the CDC’s processes and technologies.
- Collaborate with other IT and security teams, as well as external stakeholders, to ensure a coordinated response to security incidents and effective communication during crises.
- Support CISO in defining annual objectives and monitor progresses and relevant KPI to be reported to METRO AG Board.
Educational Background: A degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of 10-15 years of relevant experience in the cyber security domain including a track-record of leadership experience.
Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Management: Proven experience in actively managing an external Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
Google Cloud Platform and Chronicle: Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and experience with Chronicle, Google's threat detection platform.
Incident Detection and Response: A strong background in establishing and overseeing the detection, analysis, and response to security incidents and breaches, ensuring timely resolution.
Security Technology Management: Demonstrated ability to select, manage, and maintain security technologies used within the Cyber Defense Center (CDC). This includes proper implementation, integration, and effectiveness assessment of security tools.
MSSP Selection and Management: Proficiency in selecting and managing Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) and ensuring continuous improvement in service delivery quality.
Performance Monitoring: Skill in monitoring the performance and effectiveness of the CDC, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing enhancements to processes and technologies.
Collaboration: Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to work effectively with other IT and security teams, as well as external stakeholders, to ensure coordinated responses to security incidents and effective communication during crises.
- To be part of a fast-growing international team that has significant scaling ambitions across multiple markets.
- Work-Life Balance: Trusted working hours, 30 days of vacation and home office options
- Further training: A comprehensive further training offer over an own training team as well as an own annual training budget
- Well-being: Health programs, a free fitness studio on our campus and regular employee events
- Comfort: Very good public transport connections and free parking spaces including charging facilities for e-mobility. A canteens with a varied selection of meals and discounts in our stores and at many partner companies
Please note that all job opportunities at METRO AG require that you live in/move to Germany and can be in office in Düsseldorf at least 2 times per week. We don't offer 100% remote opportunities.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Remote - United Kingdom Remote - United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Director Analyst, Cryptography and Encryption - Remote UK, IrelandAES Blockchain C Certificate management Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Insurance +5
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 87K - 120K * USD 87K+ *
Palo Alto Networks
Chief Security Officer (CSO), UK&IC Cloud Computer Science ISO 27001 Network security NIST +4
Career development Conferences Medical leave Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs