Insider Risk Senior Security Engineer
“I can succeed as the Insider Risk Senior Security Engineer at Capital Group.”
The Insider Risk program is a comprehensive approach to identifying, mitigating, and responding to risks and potential harm caused by individuals with authorized access to systems in Capital Group. This role requires a highly curious and skilled practitioner to identify and respond to high-risk activity and anomalous behaviors that may be indicative of harmful insider activity. This includes intellectual property theft, espionage, fraud, sabotage, and unauthorized data disclosure.
As part of the Data Protection team, the candidate will help refine the data protection and insider risk strategy, mature an established governance and operating model, rationalize product toolsets, and influence the modification of business processes for enhanced data protection. The candidate will be responsible for the engineering and innovation of detecting and investigating anomalous user activities and indicators of potential insider threats.
Utilize cyber security expertise, knowledge of insider threat detection, and data analytics to create innovative strategies for detecting and preventing malicious activities.
Collaborate with the Security Intelligence Response Team (SIRT), the Hunt Team, the Red Team and Security operations and engineering to develop innovative Insider Threat capabilities to further enhance our proactive and reactive security program.
Conduct in depth analysis of logs received from various data sources: Assemble, correlate, evaluate and assess information concerning insider threats.
Develop and maintain insider risk techniques and procedures, to include use cases surrounding data exfiltration, internal fraud, privilege escalations, as well as sabotage for on-premises and cloud environments.
Create Tactics and procedures to identify insider threats and other related threats.
Draft and present detailed investigative reports and summaries.
Evaluate, recommend, and improve upon existing technical and non-technical solutions to detect and respond to potential insider threats.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
At least 6 years of experience in the cyber, investigative analysis, or the intelligence field.
At least 3 years of experience leading or conducting technical investigations utilizing insider threat tools (UEBA, SIEM).
Ability to professionally handle confidential matters with appropriate judgement around escalation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to translate the vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction, both internally and externally.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to drive recommendations.
Experience with data analytics tools used for insider threat information collection and knowledge of other insider threat risk scoring data analytics tools.
Southern California Base Salary Range: $140,995-$225,592
San Antonio Base Salary Range: $115,910-$185,456
New York Base Salary Range: $149,462-$239,139
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital’s annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
More jobs like this
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 144K - 233K USD 144K+
Palo Alto Networks
Principal Software Engineer (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science DNS Firewalls +7
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs